Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PKE help

jmbatt

Corvette
93 Comp. Yellow Coupe
I can go through all the steps to program my PKE, the last one being where I bring the transmitter into range and the light stops flashing and stays on to show the code is stored.I take the key out and I'm done. When I try the buttons on the fob nothing works.What am I doing wrong?? Thanks.

PKE

It's a long shot, but here goes.
My cell phone interferes with my PKE. If the phone is in the car and charging, the PKE is totally dead. If the cell phone is in the car and turned on, the PKE range is very limited (like a few inches from the driver's door).
And, did you remove the fob from range prior to removing the key when programming?
Good luck.
PS It took me several tries before my new fob worked (used car, no fob, got one from the local dealer).

Just a long shot. If the PKE system is on and active, when you start the car, you should see the PKE light in the DIC window. IF not, it may be in the off setting. Point the fob to the car, press the lock button and hold it in. If you hear two clicks of the locks, it's unlocked. You do the same thing to turn it off. If it is a coupe, even with the PKE off, the rear latch should open. I think the PKE is a PITA and just leave mine off. If you're working on or washing the car with the fob in your pocket, it just locks and unlocks continually.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom