Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Planning a trip...

A

AUSSIEVETTEMAN

Ok Guys, I know this is not NCM related, but we are planning a trip to the US in a fews years time.

Question 1: Where is the best place to stay in Bowling Green while we are doing the Plant tour and the Museum tour? What are the prices and the addresses? (US Dollar figures are fine)

Question 2: Where is the best place to stay at Carlisle? Again places, prices addresses would be good.

Question 3: What are the address of the old Corvette Plants in Flint and St Louis?
I can't find it anywhere and just wanted to pay hommage to the site where the might Vette was born. Again the best places to stay and prices would be good.

Our trip is going to incorporate Hawaii, LA, Las Vegas (to visit the dealership where our Vette was first delivered and to maybe put it all on red!), Flint, St Louis, Bowling Green (Museum and Plant) and of course Carlisle. We want to make good use of the couple of grand the airline tickets will cost, so as much as we can fit into one holiday is the motto.

Any reccomendations would be appreciated.

Cheers

Tony

(AKA Treasurer - Queensland Corvette Club Australia www.corvetteclub.com.au)

^^^^

Can't someone help?? I would but don't know the answers.

Randy:W

Thanks Randy,

I hope we get some more tips soon.
The St Louis Corvette Club was very helpfull and sent us some information about the original plant location in St Louis. The neighbourhood is not real good, but I still want pics.

We have changed our trip slightly and hav now decided on a driving holiday accross the US.
We figured with all the travel expenses, it would be a good time to buy Vette No. 2, so the trip will be in a Vette we pick up in LA.
Starting in LA doing Route 66 to St Louis, then Memphis for the mother inlaw, she loves Elvis. Then down from there to Florida and back up the east coast to New York.
From there it is over to Carlisle and York to check out the Harleys. I am not into bikes, but don't mind the HOGS. From here it is off to Bowling Green for the museum and plant tours.
Then it is back to St Louis to finish Route 66. From here it is off to Flint, Detroit and then back to Chicago.
From there it is over to Rapid City. From there it is over to Seattle and the Boeing tour. Then travelling down the West coast to San Francisco for Alcratraz and the sights.
Then onto LA, where we will meet our kids who will fly over with my sister. Then a Disneyland tour and all the kids stuff. After that it will be a trip home, but not without putting that Vette into a shipping container and marking it 'Send to Australia'

Any sights you guys think we should see, don't hesitate to email us.

Regards

Tony & Tanya

Many Vette owners like to stay at the Baymont Inn near the NCM : http://www.baymontinns.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ4521&propId=4521 That's where the CAC Cruise Fest is this year and the prices are about $85 US per night.

Many of us CACers stay at the Holiday Inn, Mechanicsburg near Carlisle : http://www.hiharrisburgwest.com/main.html Room rates are $130-$150 during Carlisle events and much lower most other times. If you want to attend Corvettes at Carlisle (near the end of Aug every year), reservations need to be made FAR in advance. The original Vette plant in Flint was torn down and the bricks are being sold.

Have a great trip!
:w
Guy

AUSSIEVETTEMAN said:
Any sights you guys think we should see, don't hesitate to email us.

Hi Tony & Tanya

What time of year are you planning this trip? That may be a factor when deciding where to go.

Here in Indiana (didn't notice Indiana on your itinerary ;) )
-Indy 500 (Indy Racing League) May
-U.S. Nationals(NHRA) August/September
-Brickyard 400 (NASCAR) August
-US Grand Prix (Formula 1) June

I realize you won't be here for a few years, but...
Let me be the first to say... Welcome to the USA! Glad you are here! :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom