Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Plastic over paint

I ended up peeling it off. Used a heat gun to warm up and peeled slowly. Then used GooGone to take care of the little bit of residue left. Looks great now...

~Tony

My Build: Lorie R2 Droid Build

Bra or Mask

Ordered a C7 in Sunset Orange. The Plastic cover (film) over the paint was not available. I think it was about a $1300 opition. Does anyone know what the problem is with the plastic overlay and what is the consensus on the value of having it or not.

I bought a mask(if you are PC) bra if you are old school. I bought one from Mid America for my 2010. Best thing for me to do. I have ordered one for my C7. I was reading the manual and maybe I was reading too much but it read like not to use wax or something on the car. I have used Meguiars spray on stuff for a long time and invisible Glass for ahem the glass. I'm haven't read Vehicle care in the manuals of my cars because I just took it for granted that I could polish the car like I have always done. Any comments on caring for the exterior of C7s? The post about the modern paint on these cars was very helpful.

Thanks,
corvette addict:confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom