Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Please I.D. this engine code

radstad66

Corvette
Blue 1966 Roadster, Black 1986 Coupe
I got two #,s off the pad C5J145612 and T0602TSC I was told this is a 1978 Chevy 454 ci 250 hp. out of a pick-up truck is this true? Thank you for any info.

The TSC suffix is the key. 99.99% of the time, if it starts with a T it is a truck engine.

The TSC suffix was used twice. First in 1975 as a 454ci/215hp in 20/30 series trucks. Second was in 1977 as a 454ci/250hp in 20/30 series trucks.

Check your casting date to determin which it is.

tom...

The "T" actually stands for Tonawanda, New York, the assembly point for all Chevy big blocks of the era. The T0602 part of the stamping translates as: Tonawanda, 06 (June), 02 (second day). So this block was assembled on June 2. Chuck

ChuckG said:
The "T" actually stands for Tonawanda, New York, the assembly point for all Chevy big blocks of the era.
Chuck,
Actualy I was refering the the "T" that leads the suffix as in TSC. If the first letter of the Suffix is a "T" then it is 99.99% sure it is a truck engine.

tom...

OOPS...Sorry Tom. Wasn't paying attention to that "other T" :) That's what I get for checking the forum at 3 AM after my dog woke me up to go out to "take care of business". :) Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom