Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Plug wire retainers

DaleD

Corvette
1987 White Coupe
I'm going to change plugs and wires on my 1987 L98 soon. I've seen lots of different wire retainers in engine pics. Right now my plug wires are nicely run with zip ties. I want to get something a little nicer. So, let me know what experiences you've had with different retainers, and where you got them.

I replaced mine with the factory OEM clips and routed the wires just they way they came . It took some doing but I got the job done. The wires were still run in the factory routing but many of the clips were broken. I had a coffee can full of old clips from cars I junked and many of them cross over from other GM makes.
I pulled all the wires as a unit , laid them out on cardboard and marked where all the clips were and the ends of the wires. Basically made a diagram. Then put them back on as units.

Glenn
:w

That's going to be a bit of a problem for me. I don't have retainers, and I don't know where they should be in a factory configuration.

Since you asked for opinions, here's my $.02. I think the bowtie set is a little over the top.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom