Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Poor Customer Service with WCC, West Coast Corvette

Ryan6-speed

Corvette
1992 Black 6-spd coupe, 99 Black 6-spd Convertible
Just wanted to warn my fellow Corvette enthusiasts about WCC and how they treat Corvette customers like me and you. :mad

If you don't take my word for it just read their Yelp reviews:

West Coast Corvette - Anaheim, CA | Yelp

Here is my experience with them documented, you be the judge:
My Order Date 1/17/2015 2:45:59 PM

Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 2:31 PM
To: Carrie Bolon
Subject: RE: PO#/ Order #- TRACKING

I paid for two day shipping, and this shows it won't come till next Monday?
Ryan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: February 2, 2015 3:14 PM
To: "'Ryan
Yes they shipped it ground , we can refund you the extra amount you were charged for 2 day??
Carrie A. Poplett
Customer Service
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 3:31 PM
Subject: RE: PO# / Order # - TRACKING

Yes. Money back.
------------------------------------------------------
To: ryan
Subject: PO#/ Order #- TRACKING
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:45:12 -0800

Ryan, I checked with shipping and the amount you paid $14.99 would be right for ground (it would have been around $40.00 for 2 day).
The web-site doesn’t accurately computes express shipping quotes. 

Carrie A. Poplett
Customer Service
---------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 4:08 PM
Subject: RE: PO#/ Order # - TRACKING

So you are trying to tell me that the item I ordered, and paid 2-day shipping on two weeks ago will not come till next week, AND you will not give me the money back on two day shipping because your computer does not work right?
So, if I had paid less for ground I would be getting a bill for more? This is crazy! How do you stay in business? The Better Business Bureau is going to hear this one. Along with negative online reviews of your company. Companies that can't keep up with technology these days should be held accountable. This is ridiculous!

-Ryan
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 16:31:49 -0800

We left it ground, I thought that was what you wanted?? You paid the correct amount for ground, you were not charged for 2 day. Your not being any more for the ground service.
We get plenty of business.
I’m sorry you feel you have to threaten for nothing being done wrong here.

Carrie A. Poplett
Customer Service
--------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 4:59 PM

I never asked for ground, I paid for 2-day air. As shown in attachment, ground is $6.99 and Air is $14.99 on this item.
Also your web site also says:
Availability : 3-5 days on this item

I am not threatening, just letting you know I will not be pushed around. I have every e-mail sent as proof. Just letting you know your customer service is lacking. I will be vocal about this in the online environment and the local Corvette community. I am a professional and expect others to do business in a professional manner.

Ryan
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: RE: PO#/ Order #- TRACKING
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 10:51:58 -0800

We will refund you your $8.00 Ryan. In the process of getting from accounting as we speak.

3-5 days is to process a order not when it’s going to ship.

You have not been pushed around, your order shipped from the manufacturer, it was on backorder which delayed shipment. It just shipped yesterday from the supplier. They were asked to ship 2 day on the purchase order (because it didn’t ship right away & they should have known to ask if it should still go 2 day). I already emailed them on this issue.

My Customer Service DOES NOT lack I’ve only kept you informed as much I knew. I get compliments on a DAILY basis. It’s how you choose to deal with this, that makes you angry and being negatively vocal.

Thank you for your understanding.

Carrie A. Poplett
Customer Service
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please read the Yelp reviews about customer service, one of which name this Carrie person specifically.

My receipt from them:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for shopping at West Coast Corvettes!

This verification notice indicates that your order was received.

Please allow 1-2 business days(M-F)to process your order.  Your order may ship from several locations so if you do not receive everything at once, the other items are most likely shipping direct from another warehouse.

Any items on your invoice with a "DS" at the end of the SKU number, is a Direct Ship item and will be shipped direct from the manufacture.

Our normal shipping hours are M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM PST, we are closed Saturday and Sunday.

Most standard ground shipping orders take 7-10 business days for delivery if items are in stock.  

If you need an urgent delivery, please phone our customer service department at 1.888.737.8388 during our normal business hours listed above. 

If you are paying by mail please print this email and mail it along with a check or money order to:

West Coast Corvettes

1210 N Kraemer Blvd.
Anaheim, CA. 92806

West Coast Corvettes Receipt
*** PLEASE PRINT RECEIPT OUT AND RETAIN IT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE ***

Order Number *****9
Customer ID *****9
Order Date 1/17/2015 2:45:59 PM
SKU: Product
Quantity Price Ext. Price

15130255 Corvette Front Bumper Auxiliar Light System : 1997-2004 C5 & Z06 1 $559.95 $559.95

Order Notes:
None

SubTotal: $559.95
Shipping: US 2-3 Day Express (W) $14.99
Tax: $40.80
Order Discounts: -$50.00
Total: $565.74

I'm no fan of WCC, though not because of their customer service. I wouldn't know about that because I've never done business with them. I don't care much for West Coast Corvettes because they don't support the grass roots of the hobby in the greater Los Angeles area. WCC is glad to take SoCal Corvetters' money, but doesn't give back to the hobby. Bunch of greedy bastards if you ask me.

I did look at Yelp. What surprised me the most was the trouble they been in with the California DMV.

But listen....rather than getting into a freakin' pissing contest and raising your stress level why not just nicely ask them for a refund and go buy the lights from Breathless Performance which makes that product? They sell them for a nickel more. There are a number of other sources which have them for $560. I've even seen a couple of vendors selling them for 540.

They are nice lights.

You must drive really fast at night.
:thumb

Thanks for the info on the manufacturer of these lights. I wish I would have known that in the beginning, I would have ordered direct. These lights are already on the way from Florida to here in Nor. Cal. or I would do a money back direct order. Need to get the car out of the shop and back on the road.:beer

I worked in customer service and later in technical support (with both external and internal customers) for many years, and I would have never written email like that to any customer! :nono

Nowadays people will shop for the lowest price, but when there's a problem, it's the customer service that will keep them coming back (or not.)

Problems happen, and all they really are is an opportunity to win a loyal customer, which clearly didn't happen in this case.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom