Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Poor showing at Lime Rock

O Vette

Corvette
2004 Black Coupe, 1977 Yellow T-Top
The race started with a Vette in 3rd but, not for long. The Vette bumped the Risi Ferrari and forced it off the tract and out of the race. Then the Vette got bumped, left the track and broke its left rear suspension/axle and retired from the race. The other Vette was called for a "blocking" penalty and poorly finished. How the officials could call a blocking penalty on a 1.5 mile narrow track is beyond me, especially, considering there were four classes of vehicles running. The cars are holding up and performing to the task at hand, however, the pit and drivers are the ones causing the problems. It is going to be difficult to get a respectable outcome unless the cars perform without incident for the remainder of the season. It was very very hot and humid at the race. Some of the drivers were really pressed. BTW there were over 250 Corvettes present at the race.

Yep, was there and saw it all. Not quite sure if the incident with the #3 was mechanical failure or contact with the #88. I agree that the penalty on the #4 seemed unwarranted.

DSC_0737.jpg

DSC_0754.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

Really nice photos, thanks for posting them. I agree that the suspension damage was due to the bump taken by the vette or at least when the vette left the track. Disappointing no matter what the cause. Sure hope they win the next one. One and two would be a good finish.

Thanks. Yep, it's on to Mid-Ohio. Let's hope it's not more of the same this time. :confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom