Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Post-Carlisle discussion thread

Corvette
1986 Bright Red Coupe
It was great seeing some of you again and meeting others for the first time. Sorry I didn't make the evening bar meet, but I went to the NCM Member's Dinner and stayed until it was time to go home.

Man, this show just gets bigger and bigger every year. I saw maybe 75% of the vendors, and barely scratched the surface of the Fun Fest area. Plus there's even an autocross on Sunday.

Other highlights (lowlights):
- Listening to Dave Hill expound on the design of the C6 Z06
- Meeting Mike Antonick and wife (authors of Cor-Vette Specs and The Official Corvette Black Book)
- Andy's outrageous Greenwood Vette in the "Chip's Choice" area
- (the C4 "limo")
- Sitting in a 2006 C6
- Finding a really good price on weatherstripping!
- the general atmosphere
- (the rain)
- (the concession monopoly)

Anyone else?
[RICHR]

I was there Saturday for about four hours. I spend most of my time looking at the cars for sale. Prices are ridiculous and in my opinion, the quality of cars for sale was not as good as the last few years (specifically 2004 and '03). It may have been due to the rain. I thought the exhaust installations were neat and so was the dyno set-up. C3 big blocks are the way to go as they are still reasonably priced and of course the C4's continue to be the most undervalued and "best bang for the buck" 'vettes available, much like the C3's were ten to fifteen years ago, although the C4's are much more of a car (no offense to our C3 owning members). All in all though, again a thrill to be there and see all of the cars...just incredible.

markone

alls i know is i am feeling the pain of all the walking and carry a C4 seat back to the car, go back got a rear carpet set and take it to the car! i spent 6 hours almost the whole time looking at parts. i was hoping the cars were put in more of a order like the 35th and 40th Ann and grand sports were. i wanted to look at other 86 like mine to see what they have done but it took to much time. all in all i had a good time and got most of what i needed. Friday was a little cool, thank god!! but not much tail around! maybe next year i can take my vette to the show.

Heh. I wound up there AGAIN on Sunday... but sans Vette. The family went up to buy some antiques (well, my wife bought; we just nodded approval) and we hit the fairgrounds afterwards. It was late enough in the day that they weren't even charging admission, but there were enough Vettes still there (about 2:30) to keep everyone happy.
[RICHR]

We were there Friday and Saturday, left Sunday cause of the rain. I guess it continued or did it clear Sunday? Did the parade ever go off....I heard it was cancelled Saturday cause of rain late in th day. Just wondering! Had a super time and can't wait till next year!

Robertwav1 said:
Had a super time and can't wait till next year!

So did we...and we've booked our hotel already! Now, we'll just count down the months, then weeks, then days until Carlisle 2006!:D

Elaine

It was great seeing everybody! I swear I see more New England Corvetters in Carlisle than back in New England. To answer the question. . . YES! The parade went on and actually was quite impressive. There were even quite a few Vettes who managed to "Ltemup" even though the street was wet. After participating in the parade for a few years, I've been with our club members, etc. on the hill outside the fairgrounds where the parade starts that yell "Let's hear some noise", "Light 'em up", etc. It's a great view of the parade cars!!

My highlight of the event was seeing all my Corvette friends, the ZR-1s and the 2006 Z06 (not necessary in that order)! I didn't make it to the fairgrounds Sunday due to work committments early Monday morning. Who won the ZR-1? Can't seem to find that information anywhere.

Hope to see all you New Englander's at our 30th Anniversary "HARVEST OF VETTES" on September 18th at Kimball Farm in Westford, MA.

Ann
Spindle City Corvettes

A guy from outside York, PA won the ZR-1. First ticket drawn, too!

Sunday was clear and HOT. Glad Saturday wasn't... Yes, the parade happened in the middling-heavy rain... didn't watch it (was having dinner @6:30 and wanted to not get stuck in the lineup) but heard it from the restaurant.
[RICHR]

that must have been one happy SOB!!!!! wish it was me but i couldn't be there the day of the drawing! wish i could go back and get more stuff!!

I was there on Sat and had a great time as usual. I took my 35th car and parked with the other 35th cars. The show gets better every year and am looking forward to next year. My friend rode with me to possibly buy a later C3 75-81 but the prices were out of control. As mentioned the C4's have the most value in them. Almost makes you want to but a bunch of them now, store them and sell them in 15 yrs!!!

Anthony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom