Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 post your LT4 track times

1996 LT4 Topic

tpivette89

Corvette
LT4 coupe
i just picked up a 93k mile LT4 about two weeks ago. the car had some minor things done to it: cut filter lid, 160* stat, port matched heads and intake with a 5 angle valve cut, and muffler elims. a hotcam and tune complimented the basically stock setup. the car made 344rwhp in this form

a friend of mine told me his dad had just recently purchased a new GT mustang about a month ago, has put the appropriate amount of breakin miles, and was interested in going to our local dragstrip to see what it would do. he asked me if i wanted to join them and bring the Vette down for some fun. of course i said yes

any idea what my car should run with the above mods? im a pretty good driver... a few years back i got my old bone stock LT1 6speed coupe to run 13.3 at 107mph (the car made 266rwhp on the dyno). with almost 80 more rwhp, id expect to hit somewhere around 114/115mph through the traps

also, what kinds of times are you guys running with what mods? im interested in doing long tubes next, and was wondering what kind of gains to expect from them with a hotcammed LT4

Bone stock right down to the paper air filter:
96 lt4
mason dixon raceway
in april a few years back
110mph

nice! someone finally responded. i was beginning to think no one on this site raced their LT4s

went to cecil county dragway on a Saturday morning in mid Nov last year and got a traction limited 12.74 at 114.11mph. 60ft was a pathetic 2.19. looks like my mph guesstimates were pretty accurate. now if i could just get the launch down...

Ok, I’ve got to practice more, you guys have some impressive times.

My best at the strip with my LT4 was 13.2 @ 107. This was at approximately 890 ft elevation at a track just outside Columbus, Ohio. Had a full tank of gas, 30 psi all around in the Goodyear Eagle GS-Cs. Car is bone stock except for a K&N airfilter.

B17Crew
:w

:D:D:D

'96 CE LT4 - 4.10's,LT4 Hotcam,EM long tubes, RT cats, catback, dyno tune, Meziere water pump, skinnies
Best 1/8 7.57 @ 95.44
Best 1/4 11.77 @ 117.81
Video from the Rock - Rockingham, NC- wheels up launch
wink5.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nF_Y5SVw-4

Best times

previous owner of my 125,000 mike lt-4 with vortech ram air as only mod was 13.0 quarter mile. Not sure on speed

LT 4 Times

13.40 at 106 mph

Byron Dragway, Byron Illinois - The playground of power!

All bone stock, on street tires through the mufflers. Just like McLellan intended it to be!

beat my old time this spring... car ran a 12.2 at 116mph with a 1.9 60ft

later this summer, im looking to do flywheel/clutch/shifter/drag radials and see some 11 sec slips

No freakin drag strips on Long Island

TPI, That sounds like a pretty good time to me. I'm getting 340 at rear wheels with...
Cold Air intake
Long tubes no cats
3" Tri flow/xpipe
Hi perf Clutch/Presure plate
Aluminum Fly Wheel
Hi pressure Fuel regulator
Jet performance chip
Short throw
Hypertech tuning
Granitelli Mass air flow
4.10 rear
No cam and head work.

I woulld have to drive over a 100 miles to NJ from Long Island to get a time slip. There is only 7.5 million people on LI...ya think we could have a freakin drag strip? NO they closed them all down!!:puke

Any way the long tubes gave additional 20rwhp and the 4.10s really woke this LT4 up!! I would be happy to know if I was pulling your times! Good Job!

Regards Larry

Ok, I’ve got to practice more, you guys have some impressive times.

My best at the strip with my LT4 was 13.2 @ 107. Had a full tank of gas, 30 psi all around in the Goodyear Eagle GS-Cs. Car is bone stock except for a K&N airfilter.

B17Crew

:wHowdy Crew .............. couple things really hurting your times: "full tank of gas, and drop the tires down to 18 lbs in the rear," & disconnect your air compressor ........ you should be able to break into the high 12's :D

Greetings -

An OLD man here, but when brand-spank'n new...back in '95...completely show-room stock.

Ran 12.7@113

Gulfport, MS

The LT-4 was bad...back in the day..

now 4 bangers blow my doors off with regularity

Attachments

• 2954.jpg
    2954.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 127
I ran 13.30 open air lid hypertech tuner full on power shiftn might have went quicker lifting on shifts,Kevin.

:wHowdy Crew .............. couple things really hurting your times: "full tank of gas, and drop the tires down to 18 lbs in the rear," & disconnect your air compressor ........ you should be able to break into the high 12's :D

Those are good suggestions! It’s been a while since I’ve been to the track, free time is hard to come by anymore. If I can get out there anytime soon, I’ll let you know how it goes!

B17Crew

Free time?

Those are good suggestions! It’s been a while since I’ve been to the track, free time is hard to come by anymore. If I can get out there anytime soon, I’ll let you know how it goes!

B17Crew
Free time whats that, I feel your pain brother,Kevin.

Greetings -

now 4 bangers blow my doors off with regularity

That may be true, but at the end of the day, you've still got a Corvette :beer and they've got some 4 cylinder rice rocket :eyerole

I actually got a chuckle out of that.

The older I get, the more I realize that free time is harder to come by than money.

B17Crew

HA!
I actually don't need money anymore, but I like it!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom