Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

postcards from Carlisle

ThomC

Corvette
1965 L79 Red Convertible
The weather was cool, the people and cars even cooler...

View from "the hill" - part 1

... part 2

Recognize these cars?

Larry's magnificent '62

Z28Canuck, DennisB, IH2LOSE, 67Heaven

It was great to meet the folks from the CAC - and the cars were beyond words.

Thom

Very cool. Nice to see all those cars and all those guys together. Nice to see the faces that go to those user names.

My daughter Jessica and I had the honor of meeting several CAC members yesterday at Carlisle. Among them were, 67Heaven, Rowdy, Nutt,and a few others who's names escape me right now. It was great to meet each and every one of you. Sidenote to 67, my daughter thinks you're cool !! :_rock

Thanks for the "postcards", they are great!

This is a way for those of us that could not attend, to enjoy some of the event. If we are not there in body, we are at least there in Corvette spirit!

Have fun gang,
Brian

Fuelie said:

This is a way for those of us that could not attend, to enjoy some of the event. If we are not there in body, we are at least there in Corvette spirit!

Have fun gang,
Brian
AMEN!!

Fuelie said:

Have fun gang,
Brian
Fuelie, Nice web site!

Thanks for the nice wordsabout our site, Studiog

Nice car you have there. The '61 vettes have a place close to my heart and yours is fantastic:beer

studiog said:
Fuelie, Nice web site!

Just got back myself.

Had the pleasure of meeting for the first time IH2LOSE, 67HEAVEN, Guy, BarryK, Stepenwolf, and Mark VNV for the 3rd year and a few others.
You guys with the 502's your cars are a thrill to look at.
Larry and 67Heaven the quality of the workmanship and engineering on those cars give me the incentive to strive for perfection even more.
Hope to see you all next year.

Mark

I just got back home about 1/2 hour ago.
Great show! It was wonderful to finally meet and put faces to the names of people i've been talking to on here for over a year now. I want to list so many but afraid to miss someone so won't. So many GREAT, WONDERFUL people and cars it just boggles the mind. Was parked in the 63-67 registry between VNV's car with the new 502 that everyone was going nuts over and Midyear's L89 coupe so poor Baby was kind of the "neglected middle child" but luckily we had beer and cold soft drinks and water for people when they shopped by the tent to bride them to come over and say hello :D
67Heaven, Larry's '62, and Collins '63 are just pieces of art that blew my mind away. I looked for Ray's '61 but never found it :(
sorry, my mind is still tryint to sort thru everything and everyone I saw this weekend.
I'll be posting some pics for everyone on my website in an hour or so.

It was a great show as usual in Carlisle!!! I was there on sat and walked thru the event. Brought my 35th car and parked with the 35th registry. The collection of 55's were fantastic along with the ZR-1's. Cars that were for sale were asking some serious strong numbers. Being the quiet shy guy I am I saw 67heaven and introduced myself to him. If you never attended Carlisle before mark it on your calender for the 06 event. It is the KING of all Vette shows!!!:_rock

Anthony

Hi Barry:

Mort Richman Mark's brother here. Sorry we didn't make Sunday, but Mark was beat and the rain didn't help so he decieded he head home Sunday morning.

How was the weather Sunday, I left our motel in Mechanicsburg around 9 am abd it was raining.

It was a real treat to meet you nd see Baby, she is beautiful. I enjoyed your posts about your trial and tribulations getting Baby restored.

Locking forward to seeing you next year at Carlisle

Mort Richman VNV Brother

Hi Mort
we were all wondering what happened to you and Mark but figured the weather turned him off and you guys just left.
We got to the field a bit later today - around 7:30 and it was raining. I was going to just pack up the tent and all and just head on home also but than it cleared up, the sun came out and it got hot and humid and turned into a typical Carlisle day.
Linda and I just got home about an hour or so ago - we left around 1:30 or so. We wanted to stay for the ZR1 Vette drawing give-away but needed to get home to get the dog from the kennel.
It was great meeting you and having you and Mark hang out at our tent area and glad you got your cell phone back :)
Hope to see you again soon.
Thanks for the kind words about Baby although I was more than a bit embarrassed by her condition at the show - I never got a chance to get her detailed and cleaned up properly but hey, that's life.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom