Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power Antenna Connections.

L

lheindrich

I have removed my whole interior to fix and renew everything that has been jerry rigged over the years. I am starting with my power antenna that the previous owner never conneted. I am not too electrically inclined and I can see there is a bunch of electrical components that will have to be fixed. The power antenna has three wires a black which I assume is tha groung wire, a red wire, a blue wire and the main antenna wire. The radio has a red lead that goes to a yellow lead coming out of the wire harness, a black ground connected by the center console, and an orange lead which is connected directly to the 12v battery, there is also a yellow coming out of the radio. The radio wiring diagram says the yellow is for the antenna. What connects to what? Is there a better way to power the radio instead of directly off the battery? Where do I ground the antenna, I read on other posts that I should not ground it to the chassy? Any help is greatly appreciated because I would like to make it right and fix the crappy work that has been done over the last thirty years or so.

Do you have an AIM(Assembly manual) or service manual????

Yes I have a Chilton and a Haynes service repair manual as well as a reprinted GM wiring diagram for my car. I have read some old posts about power antenna issues, I was just hoping some other members would have some direct input. Thanks.

Yes I have a Chilton and a Haynes service repair manual as well as a reprinted GM wiring diagram for my car. I have read some old posts about power antenna issues, I was just hoping some other members would have some direct input. Thanks.

The Chilton and Haynes manuals are essentially useless for Corvettes - they're way too generic. You need the GM Shop Manuals and the Assembly Manual for your year Corvette; without them, you're flying blind.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom