Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

power lock help

T

tak

My locks aren't working on the 82, this is what I've done. Checked both actuator, they're fine, both switchs, cleaned the terminals and put dielectric grease on all. Checked the continuity of all the wires . The wiring plug for the pass. switch has been apart before and it looks as if the terminals have been resoldered. I'm not sure if they're in the correct positions . I have the wiring diagram that's been posted here before but it's unclear to me which wire goes where. This is how the wires are, looking at the plug after you unplug it, there are 3 holes on the left and 2 on RT., both switches being the same. Driver side : orange top left, grey middle left, blue bottom left, black top right, tan middle right, no bottom right hole. Pass. side : orange top left, blue middle left, black bottom left, black on both right terminals. Does this sound correct for pass side ?

What year? I have 78' electrical diagrams if it will help you.

78powerdrlockdiagram.jpg

It's an 82. I believe I have the problem fixed. It was a bad switch. I popped the top off and cleaned both. I will be reassembling everything tonight, will keep you posted.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom