Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

power seat switch location

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
I've been racking my brain on where to mount my power seat switches, I was looking at a ecklers magazine today and saw a set of seats that look like the 85 seats I have in my car, anyways these seats that I saw in the magazine have some sort of switches on the front of the bottom cushion, are these switches that I see power seat switches, if they are it would be the perfect solution as to where to put mine ( I have power seats on both sides ) also would this kind of seat foam for drivers side fit the passenger side seat to.

thanks

Dont you ever take a break? I think the ones in the seat are for the lumbar,but better ask the C4 guys just in case. Why not put a left/right switch in like the mirrors and mount the controls in the coin holder at the rear of the console.

Topeless, Were your power seats bolt in or did you do any modifications to the floor or What? I very interested in doing the same in my 75.

wicky

that mod was done many moons ago, my brain fails to remember the details but I will look at the car this weekend and see exactely what I did to install them I know basically all I did was weld studs to the seat track I believe and drill new holes in the seat pans, but I used my stock 82 seat track the passenger side one is just a modified 82 drivers side one .... comfort wise compared to the stock 82's seat there is absolutely no comparrison the 85 seats are drastically better also you dont feel anywhere near the bumps in the road because the newer seats have springs under the foam support wise also no comparison

barrier hey hows it going .... nope Im so close to getting this thing back on the road so lately its work all week & on the weekends its just work on the vette

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom