Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: power seat track restore

oklahoma1

Corvette
1993 ruby conv.
I know this is a well beaten problem with the power seat tracks. My 93 will not move..sounds like stripped gears...so needs to be repaired. Could someone recommend a good rebuilt unit as I know the repalcement parts are not available. Just ewant to get it fixed..Makes it uncomfortable to drive...Thanks

There ARE parts available. Many of the Corvette catalog stores sell tracks exchange or rebuilt and some have kits for the repair.Its been awhile but I'm sure someone still has the kits for sale. This is just as common as the headlite motor issues that plague C4s.
The wound is always the same...the little plastic dammit that holds the cable-drive in the housing breaks and this allows the end of the drive cable to slip out of its receiver...so it growls as the square cable end grinds away at the hole. Does neither part any good at all...If you get desparate to move the seat, pull the lower cushion so you can get your hand on the faulty cable/drive shaft, and hold it snug in the housing as you move the seat to where it needs to be. Then d/c the wire harness to the seat track (under the seat) so honey baby can't adjust it to her liking...

Last time I checked, the exchange rate was around $150 each. There is also the FleaBay option. Plenty of tracks there.

I would think that because the weak link is so well known that someone would make a part thats more durable to be used instead of the cheesey plastic that will break. Its just a tube/sleeve of sorts. hardest part of the repair is drilling out all the rivets. Some folks think this is impossible and the rivets MUST be replaced with rivets but I do not see why some small bolts that were no longer that necessary couldn't be used instead.
I'll probably do the exchange myself, so I'll never know the answer to the rivet question...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom