Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

power steering pump pulley

V

VTvette

I screwed up putting the engine back together. I guess I didn't tighten a bolt on the air conditioning pump and ended up snapping the power steering pump off. Go figure, Anyway does anyone know how to get the pulley off the power steering pump?
Any replies would be appreciated.
Thanks Dave

The Service Manual does have have specific instructions for removing the pulley, it simply states "Remove power steering pump pulley."

They describe a tool for removing it though; they are described as having parts numbers J-25034 B and J-25033 B.

_ken

Thanks Ken
The haynes manuel doesn't say much,But apparently It needs a special puller. I'll just take it to a garage and have them do it. I don't need to buy a expensive tool to use once. Dave

Anyway does anyone know how to get the pulley off the power steering pump?[/B]

Harbor Freight has the puller listed at $9.99; I just did the pump replace, worked great. (I replaced with a NAPA rebuilt and new lines).

No more leaking or cavitation! :D

Check this out!! AUTO ZONE and a few other parts stores will let you rent/borrow the tool for free. All you have to do is leave a deposit , use the tool and return it to get ALL of your money back!! Cool as H#!!. I used their strut spring compressor, power steering pully puller and coil spring compressor. All for free.

I asked the manager why they do this good deed and he stated that it sells way more tools and parts than it cost the company to support the program!

Bill C

Thanks everyone for the info, It's been most helpful. If I screw up anything else I'll let you know. Master mechanic I am not. But it still saves me a bunch of money doing it myself. Spring seems to be around the corner with high in the 50s, so I'd better get busy. Thank-you
Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom