Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power steering valve

manofsteel

I have a '73 coupe and I think that the power steering valve is bad. How do I know for sure? How hard is it to replace and can you walk me thru the disassembly and assembly? I do I know it is not the ram? i DO KNOW IT IS NOT THE BALL JOINST When taking a turn the car seem to oversteer and not smooth. Any help?Thanks

Incorrect alignment will make it feel "twitchy" in a turn. And even driving straight down the road if it seems to dart around, that's alignment. IF the power assist feels the same turning either direction, and there are no leaks, odds are it's not the power steering control.

Have not had it align.....no weid tire wear, tho. Mechanic didn't say that one was needed. but did say that the power steering valve was bad. just checking and getting other opinions. I feel (not hear) a noise when stopped and tuning the wheel. Feel it in the steering wheel. Any more advice is welcomed.

Talk to your mechanic and ask why he thinks the valve is bad. If it actually needs replacement, rebuilt valves are available from the aftermarket providers using your old one as a core.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom