Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

power window motor install

badd74cv

Corvette
1974 black stingray coupe
;helpI'm having a problem installing new power window motor in my 1974 vette coup stingray really ha a tough time getting the old one out had to loosen too many bolts and the tracks fell down also the window regulator came out but not the way it was supposed too if you could help in any way or suggestions or diagram how the window should be put in the right way I would greatly appreiate it!! also purchased new motor from ecklers corvette but box it came in said made in china:confused THANKS AGAIN!!!

I found these items online.

Replacing a power window motor in a 1974 Corvette
Begin by carefully removing the door liner. There may be an assortment of screws and bolts holding the liner in place. Once all have been undone, gently left the liner up-wards and it should pull free from the door. Remove the tech screws that hold the large access panel and remove the panel. This will allow access to the electric motor and it's connections. Remove the electrical connector, reach into the door cavity behind the motor and feel for the three retaining bolts hold the motor in place. Undo the three bolts - the window motor should now be free to move. Carefully, wrestle the motor free of it's position and remove from door. Replace the motor by following the reverse of these brief instructions.

This seems to be a decent video on Youtube covering the job on a C3.
Video

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom