Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! power window on drivers side

09challenger

Corvette
1975 red coupe
My drivers side window wont go up!! I just put a new motor for window on it Thursday.If you push on the switch you can see the light down by brake pedal go dimmer!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

My drivers side window wont go up!! I just put a new motor for window on it Thursday.If you push on the switch you can see the light down by brake pedal go dimmer!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

The first thing to check is the current at the motor. Hook up a multimeter and see what it says.

The first thing to check is the current at the motor. Hook up a multimeter and see what it says.
I tried that and the guy told me the motor was fine!! He said to change the switches does that sound right and if that didnt work to check the relay switch? I just got this car from Dad he bought it in 89 and only put about 11000 miles on it ! But, from about 2000 the car hasnt been driven!!! Please help someone I want to be driving this car since it my Dad's and it's getting hot outside!!!!

I tried that and the guy told me the motor was fine!! He said to change the switches does that sound right and if that didnt work to check the relay switch? I just got this car from Dad he bought it in 89 and only put about 11000 miles on it ! But, from about 2000 the car hasnt been driven!!! Please help someone I want to be driving this car since it my Dad's and it's getting hot outside!!!!
Ok. It sounds like you don't have a multimeter yourself, but that you took it to a shop who told you that the motor is fine but there is no current. If the passenger side works but the driver's side does not, then you know that the circuit breaker is fine. You also know that the circuitry common to both windows is fine. The rest is unknown. At the minimum, you need to buy a 12v test light and a wiring diagram to figure out whether you have a bad switch, a bad driver's side harness, improper wiring, or a combination of problems. If you don't feel comfortable, let the shop do it.

I just got this car from Dad he bought it in 89 and only put about 11000 miles on it ! But, from about 2000 the car hasnt been driven!!! Please help someone I want to be driving this car since it my Dad's and it's getting hot outside!!!!
You need to really go over everything in this car. Letting a car sit is bad for it. Seals dry out and rot when a car sits for a long time. Your car won't go from sitting to driving easily. More likely than not, you will encounter problems. Don't take the car out on long trips, and don't leave without a cell phone. If you don't have one, consider a AAA membership.

I know from experience. I let my 81 sit for eight years. On my first trip out of the neighborhood, the rear seal on the transmission disintegrated. Transmission fluid sprayed everywhere and I ended up broke down.

:beer
Ok. It sounds like you don't have a multimeter yourself, but that you took it to a shop who told you that the motor is fine but there is no current. If the passenger side works but the driver's side does not, then you know that the circuit breaker is fine. You also know that the circuitry common to both windows is fine. The rest is unknown. At the minimum, you need to buy a 12v test light and a wiring diagram to figure out whether you have a bad switch, a bad driver's side harness, improper wiring, or a combination of problems. If you don't feel comfortable, let the shop do it.

You need to really go over everything in this car. Letting a car sit is bad for it. Seals dry out and rot when a car sits for a long time. Your car won't go from sitting to driving easily. More likely than not, you will encounter problems. Don't take the car out on long trips, and don't leave without a cell phone. If you don't have one, consider a AAA membership.

I know from experience. I let my 81 sit for eight years. On my first trip out of the neighborhood, the rear seal on the transmission disintegrated. Transmission fluid sprayed everywhere and I ended up broke down.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom