Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Powercoating ???

mvftw

Corvette
'78 Real S/A, L82, 4spd
I'm planning on getting the Eastwood powercoating system. Can someone give me(us) tips (pros & cons) on powercoating from the house (I have an oven). The finish looks great when done right. My first projects are the fan & black L82 valve covers. I guess I need Hi-Temp power...

mvftw said:
I'm planning on getting the Eastwood powercoating system. Can someone give me(us) tips (pros & cons) on powercoating from the house (I have an oven). The finish looks great when done right. My first projects are the fan & black L82 valve covers. I guess I need Hi-Temp power...

Wow, you're gettin in over my head on that. With one exception... I believe that it is called PowderCoating. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Perhaps they are two different prrocesses. On the powdercoating.... GS wheels are powdercoated in black and a few months back I detailed a GS and found it impossible to get anything to bond with them. It really is amazing stuff. How much did your system cost and where did you get it from?

I think I'd be powdercoating our silverware, the patio furniture, and anything else I could find! I'd like to know how this process compares to other systems. It does look schweet though.

... powdercoating our silverware
;LOL

I was looking at Eastwood's powdercoating systems just last week! I especially liked the walk-in oven (expandable too!), but I was talking to a shop owner here and realized that southern California would probably not be the easiest place to set up a small business like that. :(

Eastwood's got some nice stuff though, eh? :upthumbs

_ken :w

I've been going to the Eastwood tent for years at shows, but this time I'm looking to buy! Like I said before, my first project will be the fan & black valve covers. I would think that powdercoating would look great. Has anyone done that yet?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom