Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Predator Programmer

76corvette

Corvette
1976 White L82 Coupe & 2001 White Convert
**will the MAD Funfest be in Effingham, IL near the MAD Headquarters? Couldn't find anywhere on the site where it said for sure... and does anyone know if there is a schedule of events for presentations or anything like that**

Anyone know of a site or something that says what the best settings are for a C5 using the Predator Programmer for someone that just wants to cruise around town (no racing)? Thought about buying it, (2001 C5 Convert) and have no clue what the best settings are to change, etc... Any Help Would be greatly appreciated!!

:Steer

I bought my Predator from James, see below. The Predator will come with a basic performance tune and James will tell you other settings you can adjust. James can also make a custom tune that you can get through the internet & download to the Predator.

DiabloSport Predator - $419 w/ FREE UPS Next Day Air Shipping!!!
James - DiabloSport's Largest Dealer in the World!
Site: www.RunninWithTheDevil.com
Email: sales@runninwiththedevil.com

my "fun" settings are (A4):

1-2 shift pressure +25%
2-3 shift pressure +10%
3-4 shift pressure, no change

1-2 shift speed -25%
2-3 shift speed -25%
3-4 shift speed no change

timing advance +7% using 93 octane fuel

------------------------

for everyday driving I cut all those figures in half

LOL! :Steer FUN Settings? I can imagine....

Skull... that downloadable tune is exactly what we want!! I quickly looked around their site but I didnt see it ... have a link?

Mike Mercury said:
my "fun" settings are (A4):

1-2 shift pressure +25%
2-3 shift pressure +10%
3-4 shift pressure, no change

1-2 shift speed -25%
2-3 shift speed -25%
3-4 shift speed no change

timing advance +7% using 93 octane fuel

------------------------

for everyday driving I cut all those figures in half
HI there,
As a sidebar, I would be very cautious. The line pressures that you are showing here equal a 50-75 psi jump in pressure at the 2-4 servo, which is very dangerous to the reaction sun shell. This also will affect your TAPS, which is your transmission adaptive settings.
I have had 6 different A4 cars, which after programming, have developed problems.
Allthebest, c4c5:hb

76corvette said:
\Skull... that downloadable tune is exactly what we want!! I quickly looked around their site but I didnt see it ... have a link?

It is a service that James provides for his customers. Contact James about a custom program and give him an idea of what you want to accomplish. He will send an e-mail you with instructions and a PC application. The instructions will have you download your current programing to the Predator, then download the program to the PC application (you'll need a PC serial cable & an external power supply for the Predator - James' e-mail provides the necessary specs for the items), e-mail the file to James. He will customize the file & e-mail it back to you. You then reverse the process, download the PC file to the Predator, then download the program to the cars PCM.

I had James to a custom tune for me. I had my car dynoed & it was running rich. I gave him the A/F values from the dyno print out & he made customized a tune to lean it out. No problems with the process & everything went smoothly.

That sounds great... I am probably going to order it at the end of the week. You know if James or anyone else from that company will be going to Funfest.. the C5 and C3 we have will be there.

"As a sidebar, I would be very cautious"

agreed. But I did state that these were my "fun" settings :)

I certainly don't leave the settings there for everyday driving.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom