Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Prefered equipement group 1

PG-LT4

Corvette
1996 roadster
Hi guys
I'm new to the LT4 group but not to the Action Center. I used to be blue 66 and spent all my time with the C-2 Guys.
I recently purchased a 96 polo green LT4 and I've got a question.
Does anyone know what the Prefered Equipement Group 1 included?
Thanks
Mike

PG-LT4 said:
Hi guys
I'm new to the LT4 group but not to the Action Center. I used to be blue 66 and spent all my time with the C-2 Guys.
I recently purchased a 96 polo green LT4 and I've got a question.
Does anyone know what the Prefered Equipement Group 1 included?
Thanks
Mike

Preferred Equipment Group 1:
electronic climate control, power driver seat, and Delco-Bose stereo with cassette.

check out the model center, found above in the tech center area... you can find out just about everything about all model years.

PG-LT4,

Welcome to the wonderful world of LT4’s, and it’s a vert!

I have a Polo Green, Tan LT4 coupe that I’ve owned since ’98. When it warms up, we’ll probably run into each other.

B17Crew
:w

Thanks for the answers guys
B17 Crew, am I to assume you are in the Columbus area?
Or better yet, with a handle like that are you in the Dayton area?
Mike

PG-LT4 said:
Thanks for the answers guys
B17 Crew, am I to assume you are in the Columbus area?
Or better yet, with a handle like that are you in the Dayton area?
Mike

I’m in the Columbus area... dreading all of the slush and salt on the roads, :cry anxiously awaiting spring so I can pull my LT4 out from under its cover.

B17Crew

That's great!
A friend of my is about to sell his 73 roadster and upgrade to a 96 LT4! He's got a line on a CE or a Black on Black! The one of the two deals should go down this week!
Mike

Wow, must be hard to let go of a ’73 vert they’re very nice! He won’t have any trouble selling.

The black on black will always look good; what color interior does the CE have?

Your friend will love the power of the LT4, it’s a rush to drive these things. Coming up on 10 years old now, the ’96s are a lot of car for the money. I was looking for a CE back in ’98, I had trouble finding just the “right” car, I wanted the red interior but they were few and far between.

I found my LT4 at Buyers Chevy (downtown) sitting on the showroom floor. I bought it during the middle of a blizzard we were having at the time.

Anthony

The CE has gray interior...very sharp!
I just sold my 66 roadster! It leaves tomorrow!
I got my 96 last week and you're correct, it's a lot of car! I drove it up from South Carolina Last Thursday. It rained all the way to Knoxville where I spent the night! I didn't hit any real bad weather (ice and snow) until Lexington. I was amazed just how great the car handeled in bad stuff! Which, I might add, will be the last time for that!
Mike

Letting go of a ’66 must be hard to do too!
The CE with a grey interior is a nice monochromatic scheme, I’ve always thought that combo looks good as well.

Don’t know if you had a chance to drop the top on your vert, but they are amazingly stable for a convertible. I test drove a triple white ’93 that was out at McDormans a while ago. I had the top down and was impressed with how well it drove on the highway and on surrounding country two lanes. At 65 mph, the verts cockpit was calm, much more so than when I have my targa top off. You get a howl or drone at highway speed on the targa models. It’s either from wind entering the hatch area or buffeting off of the b-pillar.

Anthony

What’s a little wind noise anyway! Compared to the C-2 it will be like sitting in a library I’m sure!
I love my C-2, it’s my 1st vette! My only reason for selling is I don’t get to drive it as much as I would like! That and my wife wouldn’t let me have 2 toys!
I was amazed at how smooth the C-4 runs and I really like the steering! It kind of feels like power assist! My neighbor has a C-5 and it’s like driving a Cadillac!
Mike

The C5’s I’ve driven have been as you said, “like driving a Cadillac”, they are smooth.

I too haven’t been able to drive my LT4 in 2005 as much as I would’ve liked. This past year, I was only able to add 205 miles to the odo. Work has been demanding this past year, but we are hiring more people in 2006, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

B17Crew

Glad to hear you are busy! I’m hearing that from a lot of people. That’s got to get this economy moving!
The rain is what stopped me!
I got caught on a Friday night at the arthritis foundation show in August! It took me 2 weeks of cleaning to get the 66 back in order!
I won’t be as fussy with the 96. I won’t drive it in the rain but if I get caught in it, it won’t break my heart!
I want to try to hit Bowling Green and Hershey this year! I was afraid to take the 66 and leave it out over night! And I sure as hell didn’t want to sleep in the car!
Mike

I’ve been to both Bowling Green and Hershey, both great places. A new car museum opened up in Hershey, http://www.aacamuseum.org/home.php they had a nice display of Corvettes. They had Lance Millers Yellow ZR-1 there, a beautiful car. They had a unrestored ’black/red interior ’54 right up front, even the tires were original. I think it had under 100 mile on it. Looked like it just came off the assembly line. Hershey’s great, they call it Chocolate Town. Because of the coca beans, it’s the best smelling city I’ve ever been in!

That’s the thing that would worry me if I owned a classic Corvette, they are becoming so valuable and desirable that I’d worry about it constantly if I had it parked out of site. :ugh

B17Crew

WOW!
Thanks for the link! What a great place!
I’ve been to Hershey before but not for the car show! My wife has an uncle there!
I think I stand a good chance of going this year!
I love the C-2, I think the next great adventure is to build one out of the catalogue with a crate engine.
I could make that one harder to steal and if it did go away I don’t think it would bother me as much!
That’s a couple of years down the road.
Mike

PG-LT4 said:
WOW!
Thanks for the link!

You’re welcome. Hershey has some neat attractions. If you plan your visits around Corvettes at Carlisle, you will be in 7th heaven.

I’m a native of Harrisburg, I grew up with Corvettes at Carlisle, I have many memories of Corvettes at Carlisle and the endless processions of Corvettes to last a lifetime (that’s a good thing).

A project car sounds sweet. I keep wanting to find a ’69 Stingray that needs minor restoration. Right now, I couldn’t do it because of space, time, and restoration funds, but someday...

B17Crew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom