Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Preview: Something I'm working on in my downtime at work...

Brangeta

I thought I'd show you guys a preview of the website I am designing. I may be a designer/art director, but I normally don't do web, so this is all new. I don't have access to my ftpspace here, so here's a tiny shot uploaded to the CAC. This shot is a zoomed out version; when you first load the site it will start out zoomed out and zoom into a better viewing area...

attachment.php

Would anyone with a great knowledge of Callaways, and a better use of the English language than me, like to volunteer to read/proof my text I will be adding? I think it's about 4 pages long in a MS Word doc. I'd like to make sure it is technically accurate before implementing it into the site. I don't want to misrepresent history or C8 (or, in general, Callaway) specifications. It won't be easy to change once I put it in... this website is all Flash and I'm designing it in Photoshop. :ugh

The preview looks nice,

but why not creating it in normal HTML , this is easier to learn creating.

You can also add some light Java contents ,these codes are for grabs on internet as there are many guys putting it as open source.

my Callaway C1 project pages(new version) are all in HTML but a lack of time is why its not online yet.

Ill proofread as you go if youd like, but Im not expert on callaways. If someone else wants to jump in and do the tech side, your set

http://www.ibsnc.com/temp2 - This is the site that Im working on for mine, I have really updated since the projects have progressed though. I need more than 24 hours in a day to pull off web work lol

I'm definitely going to attempt a flash layout since it'll be something I can add to my advertising/design portfolio, but if it doesn't work out, or it is too much to handle, an HTML site will be my backup plan.

I might take you up on that proofreading XS-Style, but I'm really hoping a Callaway fan who knows a little bit (hopefully a LOT) about how the engines were built volunteers. That's my biggest concern about my what I wrote, I'm not sure everything is accurate since some of the magazines seemed to contradict each other. And to be honest, I really don't know what info to believe.

What are you building your site in? It looks nice!

You know, I was hoping someone would volunteer. :eek:

It's only a couple pages, and I don't know anything (much) about how the engines were made. Only some stuff from magazines...

Maybe some of you gearheads who work on your SNATs yourself can make sure I'm not saying something untrue?

Here's my stuff about the SNAT:
The SuperNatural 383 Engine and related components:
Callaway's SuperNatural (called SuperNatural because it is naturally aspirated and well, super powerful) engine was a 383 cubic inch, 6.3 liter, 404 bhp, 412 lb-ft of torque modified LT1. According to one article, this engine would push C8s to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds, with the quarter mile showing up in 13.1 seconds at 110.0 mph (for the fastest times look in the specs section later on). As far as the f-body platform goes, the engine could be had in a Camaro Z28, Camaro SS, Firebird Formula, Trans Am, or Firehawk – essentially any f-body with a V8. It is unknown at this time if any V6 f-bodies were given SNATs.

The assembly process involved fully disassembling the stock LT1 from the donor car. The block would be bored 0.030 inches and Callaway’s forged, nitrided, 4340 steel crankshaft (0.27 inches longer than stock) with 4-bolt mains would be added. The forged crank had a stroke of 3.75 inches. Carillo connecting rods, also made of 4340 forged steel and measuring 0.15 inches longer than stock, and pistons (forged from a low-expansion, high-silicon aluminum alloy) with a compression ratio of 10.5:1 were added. Next a Callaway CC3 camshaft with lobes that increase both the lift and duration the valves are open is added. This camshaft kept valve overlap to a minimum and increased performance without hurting emissions. The stock LT1 heads would then be ported and matched on a 4-axis LeBlond Makino CNC mill, and the intake and exhaust valve diameters would be increased to 2.00 and 1.56 inches. The racing-style valves had a three-angled cut on the valve seats, had 0.06 inch bigger heads (for increased longevity and consistency), and were made of stainless steel. The valves were closed by matched, high-rate valve springs with slightly increased seat pressure. All moving parts were then balanced and blueprinted.

A Callaway “Honker” air intake (that increases airflow to the plenum a massive 46 to 50% better than a stock Z28’s) would be added next to improve airflow and a K&N air filter would be mounted low and away from engine heat to pick up cooler, denser air from outside the engine compartment. The Honker would feed air into a custom 52 mm throttle body and a match-ported intake manifold. Included in the SuperNatural package was Callaway’s own custom exhaust. The stainless steel tubular ”Tri-y” headers included stainless steel CNC-machined flanges that were hand-heliarced to full 1.75 inch primaries made from mandrel-bent tubing. These led to the stock Z28’s catalytic converter and then to Callaway’s free flowing exhaust system via 3.0 inch in diameter tubing.

Callaway retained the Z28’s port fuel injection system, but generated a new EPROM calibration to accommodate the engine mods and retain emissions compliance.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom