Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Price Question 1991 ZR-1

Geof180

Corvette
94 ZR-1 and a 96 LT1 coupe
Hey - happy Easter everyone...

A friend of mine is looking to sell his white on white '91 Z.. the car has a hair over 18,000 miles on it.. it has been in a "flood" of sorts..

there is NO damage to the car whatsoever - it is just that when the previous owner lost most of his possessions to a flood, the insurance company counted the Corvette as a loss during their appraisal... therefore, it is now a "flood" or "salvage" car...

i spoke to the current owner about it today; he is going to send me some detailed pictures of the car - says that after i drive it, and if i like it, he will make me an incredible deal...

i just wanted to check with you guys and gals here on the :CAC to see what you think "an incredible deal" might be.. (he and i didn't talk price today)

lemme know...

Geof

Be very Careful!!!!!!!!

Hi

A flood or water car is still a tainted vehicle no matter what. If the car is perfect it's still a water car and has very little value.

What l would do if l was in your shoes would have the vette taken to an independent body shop and have them test it to see if it is in fact a water car.
If they can detect anything pass!

If they cannot detect or find any trace of water damage then you would have to resign yourself to keep the car forever and if you sell it it will be alway's a water car.

Remember in a vehicle that has been in a water situation the problems come out down the line for sure. The insurance company would not declare it a water car unless it was and if they paid off on it they would have taken it away and sold it for salvage. Why he still has it doesn't make any sense to me at all.

The more l think about it l smell a rat. But if you were to buy it for under $10,000 you really couldn't get hurt to bad. But try to find out how far under it really was. The body shop can find this out by opening the door and looking at the sound batting that is inside the door to tell how high the water really reached.

Alan

p.s. Remember if it sounds to good to be true, then it isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was sold as a salvage car alan... funny, it was originally owned by another gentleman i know quite well - and then purchased as the salvage car by the current owner..

and you are right - it will always be a water car... i was thinking the exact same thing..

and like you said, have someone else inspect it... i appreciate your time brother..

Geof

Geof, are you still looking to buy his car and if your going to pass on it?

im wondering if its available whats his price?

johnny

hey johnny... i have not heard anything from him yet... when i do, i will let you know.. and when i get them, i will post the pics..

Geof

I Got A Good Deal That Way

i gots a good deal that wayand put a blower motor together for the z wokd reel good and turns heads in chitown when i goes out grudge racin round ucan gettim real cheep anz havs a great time

Geof180 said:
Hey - happy Easter everyone...

A friend of mine is looking to sell his white on white '91 Z.. the car has a hair over 18,000 miles on it.. it has been in a "flood" of sorts..

there is NO damage to the car whatsoever - it is just that when the previous owner lost most of his possessions to a flood, the insurance company counted the Corvette as a loss during their appraisal... therefore, it is now a "flood" or "salvage" car...

i spoke to the current owner about it today; he is going to send me some detailed pictures of the car - says that after i drive it, and if i like it, he will make me an incredible deal...

i just wanted to check with you guys and gals here on the :CAC to see what you think "an incredible deal" might be.. (he and i didn't talk price today)

lemme know...

Geof
with money and connections the title can be "washed"

Geof180 said:
hey johnny... i have not heard anything from him yet... when i do, i will let you know.. and when i get them, i will post the pics..

Geof

anything yet? very interested in his price and pictures

I Told My Brother About It

i told my brother bout it an he wants it iffin yoo doont let us now if so. bz1

still waiting....

guess i am gonna have to give the guy a call this weekend.... :confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom