Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Price

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
I have a friend that has a neighbor that has a 1969 corvette for sale, low miles and in excellant condition. what would this car sale for?

Carl,

Depends on a lot of things. Big Block = big bucks. I've seen some real clean SB coupes going for $20-22K. Verts in the $24-28K range. BB's add another 25% and more depending on the precise BB specs, condition and options.

......... Nut

Carl,

I borrowed this from http://www.vettefinders.com under the "Price Guide" tab. hope it helps.

Year Make High Low Average
1968 T-Top $44,000 $6,200 $12,000
1968 Roadster $34,000 $4,500 $14,100
1969 T-Top $76,000 $6,300 $13,800
1969 Roadster $66,750 $10,500 $16,600
1970 T-Top $26,000 $4,600 $15,800

The numbers are the Highest price paid, the lowest and the average. No notes on condition, however condition would be the main consideration (besides bib block etc) in my book.

Steve

Thanks... i have seen this car and it is cleannnn... i might be interested if i was really looking. sorry i didn't make it your way.. the trip was a lot of impervising and i was not dissapointed in the performance of the corvette. it did real well for me driving it as long and as far as i did. still looking for a scanner to scan some pic's to send ya.

What's he asking? Sounds like it could be a deal. The only problem with a 69 would be I'd be afraid to drive it. The 80 on the other hand only makes me nervous ;)

Glad you had a good trip. Sorry we couldn't hook up, but maybe next time, or at Bowling Green or some other event. Sounds like the vette is just in great shape considering the miles you just put on it, & the relatively minor problems encountered.

I went back & forth to Carlisle 3 days this year in the vette, total about 600 miles with zero (new) defects! :) I've still got work to do to get it better, but am real happy with it for now.

Steve :beer

The only problem with a 69 would be I'd be afraid to drive it. The 80 on the other hand only makes me nervous
?????

he is asking 20,000 u.s. dollars

I'll clarify, a $20,000 69 vette in nice shape, maybe I'd drive it to church (maybe). My 80... heck I'll drive that to work sometimes (as long as I keep my AAA subscription up to date). :L

I was thinking o f selling my '80 corvette and possibly buying the '69 vette, that way i would have half to put down and the payments would be low. what do you think?

:confused :confused :confused :confused

Carl, I guess it all depends on what you really want. When I first started looking, I knew exactly what I wanted, a 68-72 convertible 4 speed. Chrome bumpers was the goal. Only problem was once I started driving the later models versus the earlier, I found the later models to be much more comfortable. I wound up with the 80 because of the comfort level, plus it's still recognizable under the hood (carb & no computers).

A friend of mine has a beautiful 68 that he enjoys immensely. From the curb, his is much more pleasing to the eye, but from behind the wheel I still prefer the 80.

All a matter of personal taste.

Steve :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom