Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: PROCOMP HEADS vs AFR

Corvette
2000 c5 silver coupe blk interior
Need some advice. Has anyone used PROCOMP HEADS on there LS-1 . AFR s cost most,but claim ,BOLT ON 40 HP ?? also what is a good cam ??? Shop said I can re- use my orginal lifters.??? :w :pat :v vette has 98000 miles ..THANX

At 98000 miles, I'd fork out for a new set of lifters.

It's hard to beat AFR heads and some of the camshafts they suggest. I'd call AFR, as for Tony Mamo and ask him what cam he suggests for the head you pick.

Problem is, some of those AFR head/cam combos also need headers to really work well.

If I was going to go aftermarket on heads, AFR would be my first choice.

THANX HIB ,,,my c5 has 3:42 rear,protork converter,kooks headers& X pipe, corsa exhaust,fast intake, slp air cleaner, ported T body. dyno d & worked on by INJECTION-CONNECTION, Horsham, PA ...Dyno d 373rwhp ! now ..Want a good street cam .I agree repl lifters! VETTE is a cruiser no drag strip. some city ,mostly trips 2 house up state.. THANX :happyanim: :pat :v

PROCOMP HEADS vs AFR

Question ??? Do I have to pull radiator& condenser out of my C 5 to install new cam??? THANX :happyanim: :pat :v ... THOUGHT 4 TODAY ! //// FOR ALL SOLDIERS ??? SOME GAVE ALL ,ALL GAVE SOME!!! RVN 69-70 II FFV

If the car's a cruiser and not a drag racer and the cam is stock or you're going to put in a "good street cam" and the car as a 3.42 axle, loose the racing torque converter.

The car may actually be quicker 0-60 and will get better mileage.

Also, if you have 373 at the wheels, now...that's pretty darn good for bolt-ons. Was that SAE-corrected or Std. corrected?

Question ??? Do I have to pull radiator& condenser out of my C 5 to install new cam??? THANX :happyanim: :pat :v ... THOUGHT 4 TODAY ! //// FOR ALL SOLDIERS ??? SOME GAVE ALL ,ALL GAVE SOME!!! RVN 69-70 II FFV

Radiator yes, condenser no. You can gently move it far enough forward to clear the cam.

Need some advice. Has anyone used PROCOMP HEADS on there LS-1 . AFR s cost most,but claim ,BOLT ON 40 HP ?? also what is a good cam ??? Shop said I can re- use my orginal lifters.??? :w :pat :v vette has 98000 miles ..THANX

I worked with Tony on my setup and have his ported FAST, chamber worked AFR 205's, and the AFR 6016 cam. Very very responsive at any RPM. I agree, contact Tony.

The difference between your shop and Tony is Tony designed the AFR heads.

PROCOMP HEADSvsAFR

If the car's a cruiser and not a drag racer and the cam is stock or you're going to put in a "good street cam" and the car as a 3.42 axle, loose the racing torque converter.

The car may actually be quicker 0-60 and will get better mileage.

Also, if you have 373 at the wheels, now...that's pretty darn good for bolt-ons. Was that SAE-corrected or Std. corrected?
THAT was @ the REAR TYRES on dyno!!! :happyanim::happyanim::v:v:thanks::pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom