Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"professional" auto detailers

hotshotzny

Corvette
bright red 1984 crossfire
just had to laugh at this one..... last night was one of the first nights i had driven my new to me 84 to my bar.... our door person who checks all the incoming drunkards ids is what she calls herself a "professional" detailer.. 3 months ago or so when we first got the hummer she comes out and starts looking at it.. now i had just spent hours detailing it, getting all the crap off it that the dealers use to make it look good as you pull away.. putting 3 coats of wax on it, dressing all the tires and wheel wells etc.... it takes me hours but it is my moment of zen when i am cleaning my car...she starts on her rant how she can get this thing to shine better blah blah she uses the best wax ever blah blah blah .. honestly i hate her.. but she does a great job so i deal with it for the most part... so last night i get the same speech about my vette from her.... which just so happens to have a fresh coat of zaino on it and its shiny... and it rained..... and i told her, aside from the fact the stuff i use isnt cheap and is a bit of a process i just dont think shes using anything that can top what i have.. and she wont tell me what it is she uses ...its a "professional" grade of car polish she tells me.... so today as we are gathering our stuff to depart to the journey concert we are at shoprite and i happen to see my door girl and my wife likes her so we venture her way, and what is in her cart.... 4 bottles of armor all car wax and a 5 bottles of tire dressing... i picked it up looked at her and laughed and had to hear her story on this one... well she didnt have one at first... but then she tried to tell me she uses that to mix it with something else and all this happy horse pucky to make some super wax that like repels the suns rays... i walked away..... and thats nothing compared to some of the crap i had seen in some of the other detailing shops.... like a guy standing on the roof of a bmw to change a flourescent light.... and people wonder why i never leave my car alone in a shop... im the guy who laughs at the "NO CUSTOMERS BEYOND THIS POINT" sign

I am still laughing! :boogie:boogie:boogie

She is not selling detailing. She is selling herself to her clients and they are buying her load! ;shrug

As far as what I use:

My detailer will not tell me what he uses on it. I like the results, so I let it go.

I do use nothing but Adams Polishes products in between details. They are EASY to use and he runs a very personal & professional company.

SAVE THE :w

:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogieShe is a Professional Slimmer!!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie
Shes like most Professional Detailers,Just Slimes it clean!!!:chuckle:chuckle
I'd fire her in about the first 5 minutes!!:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom