Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Progress Report-Dec.24 (the going home thread)

Re: Re: pics

67HEAVEN said:
The car answers back - "Don't leave.........we can still be good friends!"

;LOL
Nothing hurts more than that line--- we can still be good friends. :cry

Funny, when a lady gets a little wide across the hips, it's usually not a good thing but in the case of 67Heaven, it adds to her appeal. :L

Re: Re: Re: pics

Mac 73 said:
Funny, when a lady gets a little wide across the hips, it's usually not a good thing but in the case of 67Heaven, it adds to her appeal. :L

Yeah.........how come it works like that, Mac????????

You Mods have all the answers. :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: pics

67HEAVEN said:
Yeah.........how come it works like that, Mac????????

You Mods have all the answers. :D
My answer is pretty simple.... I never want to have to shake the sheets to find her. I'm not sure if that applies to cars but... :D

When I went to pick up the car this morning........and walked in the door to the shop, the boss had Prince belting out Little Red Corvette in the shop!

Now that, dear Internet friends, is class!

Who painted it? The answer is a click away...
CLICK

Every time I see your vette makes me dream about the day I'll get a C2 and follow your example!!! (C2=the vette of my dreams)

Merry Christmas 67! :w

JonM said:
The guy on the far right of the above pic...He should have been excused...not much help there :Buttslap

Actually, he did a lot:

1) brought the trailer and towed the car home for me

2) in the photo in question, he is helping to "steer" the car by grabbing and turning the right-front wheel. There is no steering column in the car. Ever try to steer a moving vehicle by turning a tire?

Besides.....at 6' 6" and 280 lb, I sure wasn't about to tell him he was "excused".

Heaven,

Glad you got it home for Christmas, you should probably take the week off till new years to get a good start on it, I know I would.

Congrats looks beautifull.

Tom M

Simply fabulous - I look forward to following your assembly project - it's a lot more fun putting them together nice and clean than tearing them apart and wondering why you started!
:beer

JohnZ said:
.... it's a lot more fun putting them together nice and clean than tearing them apart and wondering why you started!
The best advice I ever got** concerning restoration was each piece removed should be cleaned and/or repaired and recorded before it was stored.

The advantages:

1) you'll record where every little piece goes as you disassemble

2) you can record how it come apart and goes together; it isn't always evident

3) you can keep a running list of unrepairable parts that need to be replaced

4) the pieces will go into storage marked and ready for reassembly

Although this approach is more time consuming in the short run, it saves time and effort in the long run, particuarly for those of us who aren't being frequently exposed to assembly & disassembly. It also improves your chance of completing the project successfully. It's one thing to pull things apart. It's quite another to reassemble months or years later.

**The best advice I ever got not concerning auto restoration was to avoid playing games of chance with men whose first names are large American cities... (ie: Chicago Joe, Jersey City Sal)

JohnZ said:
Simply fabulous - I look forward to following your assembly project - it's a lot more fun putting them together nice and clean than tearing them apart and wondering why you started!

John,

It is both a privilege and a burden knowing that you are looking in on this project from time to time.

I seem to learn most things the hard way and one of the few things I have going for me in all of this madness is my blind confidence that somehow it'll all come out right.

One thing I do know, however. Without the Internet, and helpful/knowledgeable people such as you, I would never have tackled it.

==========================================

I couldn't stand it! I snuck out to the garage on Boxing Day and installed a few pieces.

Hurst5speed-3-500.jpg

You'd never know there's a Richmond 5-speed hiding under there, would you? :D

Mac 73 said:
The best advice I ever got** concerning restoration was each piece removed should be cleaned and/or repaired and recorded before it was stored.

The advantages:

1) you'll record where every little piece goes as you disassemble

2) you can record how it come apart and goes together; it isn't always evident

3) you can keep a running list of unrepairable parts that need to be replaced

4) the pieces will go into storage marked and ready for reassembly

Although this approach is more time consuming in the short run, it saves time and effort in the long run, particuarly for those of us who aren't being frequently exposed to assembly & disassembly. It also improves your chance of completing the project successfully. It's one thing to pull things apart. It's quite another to reassemble months or years later.

Mac,

I agree entirely. I performed "some" of the above, but next time* I would adhere strictly to the regimen.
:)

(* NEXT TIME?!?! :crazy )

Bob,

Looks like that shifter installation came out spot on! :Steer

Love your final choice of color combination. :D Looking forward to seeing the car in person.

Rich Lagasse

You too, Rich Lagasse.

Although I was already determined to do this car my way (not even close to the purist's way), the vision and attention to detail that I saw when I happened upon your creations helped give me the confidence to storm ahead.

Although I've owned this car my entire adult life, I'm basically a hot-rodder at heart. I guess I'm like Zora in some ways. :D

Without the Internet, I would likely never have met extremely talented and creative Corvette guys like you, John and many others.

Thanks Al Gore! ;LOL

Son, that is awesome ! Glad you went with the red - I agree with the painter about showing off the lines.

I hope we both make it back to Carlisle, sometime, and I can see it in person.

I have been following the progress on your vette and up to now have been tooooooo jealous to comment. You are doing one of the finest re-dos of a older corvette that I have seen in a long time. Your attention to detail ranks right up there with the top rebuilders in the country (Canada or US). I have very rarely seen a more beautiful car and can't wait to see it in person. Don't rush it but keep us updated with your work toward completion. Man, you are good!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer I can only hope that if I someday get an older Vette (62 preferred) that I can take it apart and put it back together half as good as you have done. Awesome job!!:_rock

Randy:w

Man, keep that up Randy and we'll have to start calling him "Big Head Bob" due to the swelling caused by all the flattery. :L

_ken :w

Ken said:
Man, keep that up Randy and we'll have to start calling him "Big Head Bob" due to the swelling caused by all the flattery. :L

_ken :w

Hey, Ken, let up on the guy. Flattery doesn't come cheap these days. :r

Vette-dude,

If I'm doing half as well as you think I am, I guess it's going alright. Thanks. :beer

Hello 67 !! Here is a picture of the dolly and my 66, I'm getting ready to put the body on very soon ! Boy you weren't kidding when you said that the dolly didn't get a chance too cool off. I can still smell the paint :)

Kevin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom