Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pull Key Wait 10 Seconds

bwing

Corvette
03 Z06,66 coupe(sold),99 Porsche Carrera(sold)
It's been years since this recalled item has been fixed and it just appeared again. Does anyone have a solution to permanently resolve this issue? I understand that if "Check Column Lock" appears I'll be dead in the water. Is this possible now that the "Pull Key........" msg has reappeared? I tried cleaning the key as some have suggested in earlier posts and it still occasionally reappears. I had a new battery recently installed so I don't think low voltage is the problem. I also erased all previous codes. :mad

I consider the LMC5 to be the best Column Lock problempermanent fix out there. It also does not require you to “undo” any previous CLattempts to resolve this issue. Their eBay ads have a good video that shows theinstall at the BCM. It does not cover everything in the written instructions.So, read the instructions and also here is some extra info. In some cases, theBCM timing is off just enough to cause some issues. They make several versionsand they can swap out/provide one of these if you have any issues. Theircustomer support is as good as it gets.
Not uncommon for people to "put the column in a pre-lockcondition" and not know it and then start with the install. In otherwords, they started with the column lock “energized’ even if it was not actuallylocked yet. If not actually locked yet, it will be as soon as you turn thesteering wheel after the LMC5 install. It will then remain in the lockedcondition until you cause the motor to unlock. It will then remain in theunlocked condition since the motor is then unpowered with the circuitsdisconnected.
Here is one way to prevent that if your column locks andunlocks normally:
If the CL isfunctioning normally you don't not need the Unlocker, merely turn the ignitionON, pull fuse #23 in the I/P fuse box, turn ignition OFF, turn the steeringwheel (left and right) and verify it is unlocked. Next, disconnect the negative battery terminal,re-insert fuse #23 and continue with the install.
Also the 1999 and later C5's have a column lock relay thatcan be unplugged or else it will be powered and could fail and drain thebattery. The LMC5 written guidance provides this info. This relay is above theBCM.
They also have a great install video in their eBay ads youneed to watch.
Compliance Parts website: http://complianceparts.com/index.htmld

Mr. Sam

dadaroo, Thank you very much. I guess it's time for an install.

subscribe

I have a 99vette and I did have the steering locked problem which went away then came back years later. I did install the LMC5 and tested after install and it worked fine. However, some weeks/months later; I started to get again, and still get pretty consistently, the 'Pull Key Wait 10 Seconds' notice. I pull the key and wait a few seconds, I do hear a click from under the dashboard somewhere, and the car starts and runs fine. The steering lock is disabled so not a problem there, assume that the LMC5 did completely remove the steering lock, but there is still something going on that prompts the notice. I drive the car regularly but it is an annoyance.

I have a 99vette and I did have the steering locked problem which went away then came back years later. I did install the LMC5 and tested after install and it worked fine. However, some weeks/months later; I started to get again, and still get pretty consistently, the 'Pull Key Wait 10 Seconds' notice. I pull the key and wait a few seconds, I do hear a click from under the dashboard somewhere, and the car starts and runs fine. The steering lock is disabled so not a problem there, assume that the LMC5 did completely remove the steering lock, but there is still something going on that prompts the notice. I drive the car regularly but it is an annoyance.

Did you unplug the CL relay??? If not you need to do that.

If you still have your instructions you need to try the Brown wire mod. I can provide them if you need them.

Mr. Sam

Did you unplug the CL relay??? If not you need to do that. If you still have your instructions you need to try the Brown wire mod. I can provide them if you need them. Mr. Sam
Thank you Mr. Sam. I've dug out the instructions and going through them again now. Please do send/post the Brown wire mod. instructions. I do remember lots of playing around with the BCM, which I assume is what you're referring to as the CL relay, but I don't see a brown wire mod. in what I have. Please send any info you have. Much appreciated. Thanks again.

Thank you Mr. Sam. I've dug out the instructions and going through them again now. Please do send/post the Brown wire mod. instructions. I do remember lots of playing around with the BCM, which I assume is what you're referring to as the CL relay, but I don't see a brown wire mod. in what I have. Please send any info you have. Much appreciated. Thanks again.

This has what you want for the Brown wire mod. The CL relay just needs to be disconnected or leave it alone.

Mr. Sam

Did you unplug the CL relay??? If not you need to do that.

If you still have your instructions you need to try the Brown wire mod. I can provide them if you need them.

Mr. Sam

I know this thread is on the older side, but I am getting desperate to find an answer. I have the LMC5 installed. And it worked well for the better part of a year in my 2003 Z06. Now, however, I get the fuel shut off at 2mph again. I reached out to Richard at Compliance Parts and he was very helpful. We ran through battery voltage (recently new battery and holding steady at 12.4-12.6V), ran all the codes (none present that would pose a problem) and also performed the brown wire mod. The only thing that happened after the brown wire mod is that the DIC message stopped appearing. Ultimately I will likely have the ECU programmed to eliminate the fuel shut off altogether (if anyone has a reference for what and where to look in the ECU I would appreciate it), but for now I just need to get the vehicle in a condition were it can be moved. I am not sure if it is a BCM failure, a timing issue with the BCM, or perhaps the LMC5 is bad. I am waiting to get a replacement LMC5 to test however I need to try other options until it arrives.
Anyone?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom