Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pulls left on Acceleration

z34ls1

Corvette
2001 Quicksilver M6
My '01 pulls to the left pretty hard when i step on the throttle. I checked tire pressure and it's good. My car is pretty stock except for removing the Cats and a Computer Tune. Is there something I need to look for in the rear end? From a dead stop doing a burn out I don't notice it as much but at a 45mph roll in 2nd kicking it down she pulls the left front corner up and you feel it through the steering wheel, a slight turn to the right solves it but I've never noticed any other cars I've had (fast ones) doing this.

Thanks.

My '01 pulls to the left pretty hard when i step on the throttle. I checked tire pressure and it's good. My car is pretty stock except for removing the Cats and a Computer Tune. Is there something I need to look for in the rear end? From a dead stop doing a burn out I don't notice it as much but at a 45mph roll in 2nd kicking it down she pulls the left front corner up and you feel it through the steering wheel, a slight turn to the right solves it but I've never noticed any other cars I've had (fast ones) doing this.

Thanks.
Could be front,Could be in the rear!!:thumb:thumb
I'd check the 4 wheel alignment,I'd almost bet that proper alignment will fix your problem!!

Thanks for the Reply. The car had new tires put on it a few months b4 I bought it so there are no obvious signs to look at. I'm also not that familiar with this rear end/tranny set up, honestly I was hoping to see some other post here about it but my search turned up empty.
4 wheel alignment was my first thought to after not seeing it in the car fax history. Everything else is in there including Oil Changes (Car was GM owned first 5 years and recently traded in on a new Vet).

I would also check the shocks. A weak left rear shock when romped on will make the rear feel loose and pull you to the left. I had the right rear go out on me and that's what it felt like until I got it replaced.

Thanks.

:wMine was doing exactly the same thing, when I hit second gear on a heavy acceleration it would drift to the left. I installed the Z06 shocks and sway bar suspension, and walla it disappeared. No problems since.

SC:WTT

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom