Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Put some wheels on the '93 today!

five-oh

Corvette
'84 sold 93 sold 86 sold 96 lt4 red and black.
It was time to put new tires on the front of my '93 "rescue project". The previous owner had put a new set of rear tires on, but had not replaced the fronts. I went to the local tire shop to check their prices, as I would prefer to patronize the local businesses. While there, I decided to price a set of ZR1 Replicas. They soon told me that they could not get them, and I didn't like what they had, so the 'vette was just going to get a cheap pair of tires. The owner of the shop then reminded me of the good side of living in a small town. "Tim's got a set of Corvette wheels he's wanting to sell." Armed with this info, I went to Tim, one of our local car dealers. He told me that he did indeed have some wheels for sale, complete with a new set of tires. I went and looked at them. They are chromed C5 wheels, not exactly what I wanted, but looked decent anyway. The chrome wasn't perfect, but they looked pretty good. Then he offered me the entire set, tires and all, for $300. I decided that I could run the tires until they're gone and still sell the wheels to someone for track day wheels if the bad chrome bothered me too bad, so I bought them. What do you guys think? I think they're an improvement over my peeling clearcoat sawblades. They'll do until more cash for the 'vette comes in,lol.

Looks good. Are they the C5 size with 18inch in the rear and 17inch up front?

Looks good! I've seen C5 WW's on a C4 before and I think they look good, especially in that shiny chrome.

14329Harbor_2.jpg

:wJane Ann

Looks good. Are they the C5 size with 18inch in the rear and 17inch up front?
Yes, they are. The only downside I can find about them is that the purchase price of the wheels ALMOST put me over $3k in the car,lol.:D Still lots of work to do (carpet, interior work, headlight bushings and eventually a paint job) but I'm pretty happy with a cheap Lt1 driver that's at least a decent 20 footer. The car will scratch the itch until I can afford my ultimate- an LT4 coupe, black on black.:thumb

Yes, they are. The only downside I can find about them is that the purchase price of the wheels ALMOST put me over $3k in the car,lol.:D Still lots of work to do (carpet, interior work, headlight bushings and eventually a paint job) but I'm pretty happy with a cheap Lt1 driver that's at least a decent 20 footer. The car will scratch the itch until I can afford my ultimate- an LT4 coupe, black on black.:thumb
looks real good.better than sawblabes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom