Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Putin & Saab & GM

• Thread starter Thread starter 65-to-00
  • Start date Start date

65-to-00

Help folks I think I have lost sanity.

The Saab crowd are all in a feeding frenzy over the arrival of Vladmir Putin to help in the negotiations to buy Saab.

Vladmir Antanov had been stumbling and rejected for the past few weeks in his purchase of Saab. GM stands to loose their 326 million in preferred stock if Antanov steps and and the bets are now that Saab will fail again which leaves the Russian in the catbird seat for the liquidation sale and pay time.

GM has been the whipping boy for the Swedish press and banks by not issuing a statement.

Any condemnation of Antanov and you will be banned on the Saab forums in UK or Australia. This is the guy that the Swedish National Police had tagged as mob and UK flagged him.

I can't believe that they are cheering the arrival of Putin. :mad:mad

KGB and Russian Mob ... :confused

On things to get me riled up about, I'd put the SAAB thing at number 4,751.

Look, I'm homesick.

That crowd of jackals is nuts.

It might not be so bad !

I wouldn't dismiss Vladmir Putin so fast. I've read quite a bit about this man and I have to say I respect him. He is no-one's fool. But he will never wander far from the center of the road and do what's BEST for Russia. The cold war was finished long ago. Lets see if someone can lift Saab financially back on it's feet. Saab's are a pretty damn good car, It's a manufacturer who deserves to continue on. :dance

It has been a month of GM bashing and US bashing and it got old.

The main player is not good for Saab and the free world.

IMHO, Old Style Russian Mob, he was flagged and daddy was cut down in a hail of bullets, lost a finger and lived despite taking 5 rounds.

This is a bid to cut GM out of the stock they hold by gutting the company of real property is what my gut tells me.

Can GM stand the loss of 350 million right now?

Russian mob connections ?

it has been a month of gm bashing and us bashing and it got old.

The main player is not good for saab and the free world.

Imho, old style russian mob, he was flagged and daddy was cut down in a hail of bullets, lost a finger and lived despite taking 5 rounds.

This is a bid to cut gm out of the stock they hold by gutting the company of real property is what my gut tells me.

Can gm stand the loss of 350 million right now?

No !

Saab and The Mob

Saab is cutting the deal with Antonov and a Chinese company and getting a loan from an "offshore Bahamas" hedge fund.

Antonov's father was cut down (but lived), in a hail of bullets last year.

Uwe Gemballa of Porsche fame was found dead, bullet in the back of the head and wrapped in sarran wrap in South Africa last year. He was meeting with one of the (Serbs), a runner for the Moscow mob.

Putin, former head of the KGB is no angel. Russia is out of control in terms of security for business.

Saabs are not that great and the safety rep was lost ages ago. Our 1995 was one of the least safe cars on the road. We have had a few Saabs from heaven and some from hell ... pre GM cars.

With medical issues, I traded my C-5 for "The Hot 280 horse" and it handles well as a wagon can but it is way overweight with the AWD. If, if, if my health improves there will be another Vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom