Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

question 90 infl rest codes?

abbezr1

Corvette
red\black int 1990 zr1 # 946
I have a question about what the idicator lamp should do after the the repair and before you go back a clear the code. Long story short have a code 16 left side sensor. I took everything apart cleaned contact points on sensor and frame used dilect. greese and put battery box back in. Before putting everything back together i hooked battery back up turned ing. to on position and indicator light still was on. I was under the impression that indacator light would be off but the code would still be in the derm until i cleared the code? Every post or anything on this subject says clearing the code is the hardest thing to do and takes the longest but they say that is why a dealer will replace the sensor so they dont have to clear the code. If they put a new sensor in wouldnt the code still be in the derm and have to be cleared? I just dont want to put everything back together and then have to tear back apart. It could be that the light stays on continuously until i clear the code? That is the step that is unclear on all the post and info when making the the repair. Sorry i was not trying to make this a long question or confuse anyone other that myself. thanks!!

i hope i am using the right area of the forum for this question? wasnt sure if i should have posted this with the c4 technical or general discussion sections. I hope this question wasnt to stupid i know it was wordy and may have confused someone what i was trying to ask. I put everything back together last nite, so i could drive the vette to work to particapate in "drive your vette to work day". light still on cant seem to get the code cleared. Any advice would be appreciated.I still thought the light would be off but stored in the derm?:confused

I guess nobody wants to take a shot at this one??:confused

Question?

If anyone has had this experiance do you think it would be wise to change the sensor? I haven't had any replies to this thread.:confused So I'm not sure if other people have had the same issue. The sanding the sensor and the frame trick did not seem to work. I'm new to the Corvette world and I really don't trust my local GM dealer, everytime I go there they always tell me they have a guy that can work on the older zr1 but he is never there so I can talk with him.:confusedThanks for any help that someone might be able to help a newbie out with.;shrug

If anyone has had this experiance do you think it would be wise to change the sensor? I haven't had any replies to this thread.:confused So I'm not sure if other people have had the same issue. The sanding the sensor and the frame trick did not seem to work. I'm new to the Corvette world and I really don't trust my local GM dealer, everytime I go there they always tell me they have a guy that can work on the older zr1 but he is never there so I can talk with him.:confusedThanks for any help that someone might be able to help a newbie out with.;shrug

i"d go find a corvette shop. Every major city has a vette shop that does parts, service & sales.

i"d go find a corvette shop. Every major city has a vette shop that does parts, service & sales.

Thanks for the reply! I was hoping I could find one closer to me than Chicago or Detroit. I know some guys have had this problem because ther are a lot of post on the zr1net site and it seems like they were all able to fix themselves. I think I will try to replace the sensor this winter while i'm having the shocks rebuilt. Thanks again for the reply.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom