Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question about Ported Throttle Body

W

WNH

I understand that the C6 throttle body is the same as the Z06 TB,that is 90MM. I may be wrong.

If it's the same, then the C6's TB would pass enough air to handle 505 HP. That would make a ported TB unnecessary for a C6.

What do you think ???

I wouldn't waste my time (or money)

I have a ported TB on my LS7. It is a simple job and lends a certain result, which is unfortunately exaggerated. Every little bit helps.

Every Little Bit?

I just couldn't leave it alone.

I picked up my C6 Z last spring and have been evaluating the performance in a very slow and delibrate fashion. To date there are only 3 mods that I have done:

1. New PS2s' whith 345/30/19 rear and stock size front. Cost a bunch!

2. "Cleaning" up the TB. Cost 1 hr of time.

3. Tuning w/ HP Tuners. Cost 3 hrs time.

New, dyno pull yielded 455 rwhl hp w/ 427 ft lb TQ.

With mods, yielded 485 rwhl hp w/ 455 ft lb TQ.

not bad for a few hrs of playin around?:upthumbs

Have fun and Warp 10 Always!

I have a ported TB on my LS7. It is a simple job and lends a certain result, which is unfortunately exaggerated. Every little bit helps.

Can you define that "certain result" a little bit better?

Can you define that "certain result" a little bit better?

I will take a guess and say, Wrap, wrapped a sandpaper down the TB and cleaned the flow.

Wrap, then took the wrap off using the "Tuners" which probably mapped the ECM injector time is more like it.

With the dyno help, Wrap unrapped more injector time... Punk!:W Anyway, just messing around being the class clown. :crazy

Thinking too much!

I will take a guess and say, Wrap, wrapped a sandpaper down the TB and cleaned the flow.

Wrap, then took the wrap off using the "Tuners" which probably mapped the ECM injector time is more like it.

With the dyno help, Wrap unrapped more injector time... Punk!:W Anyway, just messing around being the class clown. :crazy

Wrong again,
Think of smoothing airflow. By cleaning up mftr maching, parting lines and radiusing the tb, you get snoother flow which provides better signals from your engine management sensors.

The only other benefits are; better throttle response and very very minor improvement in total airflow.

The tune was to optimize ALL the engine's operating prameters, period! If there were any changes to the injector settings, they were a result of changes in airflow measured by the MAF.

And yes, I've been messing around blowing the doors off the competion for 40 years now.:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom