Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Changing fluids in my '88?

jjones7829@aol.com

Corvette
1988 "Arrest me" Red Convertible
I have recently acquired a excellent Classic '88 Red Vette Convertible. My first. My question is how to change the differential fluid? I don't see any drain plug?

And is there an easy way to change the transmission fluid? I see cross members that appear to need to be removed to get at transmission draining? Help?

Jim

Uhhh........ Why dig up an old post?... Just curious... BTW I have no idea as I have never drained the tranny fluid lol.. :rotfl . I'm sure someone will chime in though this is a great forum to wind up at after picking up a vette.

I have recently acquired a excellent Classic '88 Red Vette Convertible. ..........how to change the differential fluid? I don't see any drain plug?

...........easy way to change the transmission fluid? ...........
Jim

Jim, I moved your post and the replies to a thread of their own. It's unlikely you would get much feedback regarding your questions tacked onto an old thread in the New Members forum.

Welcome to the CAC and good luck!
:wJane Ann

No Drain plug exist for the rear end. A few of the members here have installed a drain plug and it seems to work fine. However the procedure does involve a drill and a tap set. I recall one really good picture and write up that was done.

I just sucked mine out with a 12 dollar pump from the parts store. I'm sure I wasn't able to get it all though.

Good luck with the new vette ! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom