Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Is there a problem with the C7 automatic transmission matching up with the Z06 engine?

GA.Shadowland

Corvette
2006 C6 Z06 Machine Silver
I heard recently that there may be a delay in production of the C7 Z06 with orders for the automatic transmission. Problem being that the 650 HP supercharged Z06 engine is too powerful for the Stingray transmission. Has anyone heard of this issue? Z06 orders with 7 speed manual will supposedly go to the front of the line.

Last edited:
Is there a problem with C7 automatic transmissionmatching up...?

A little birdie told me! Don't mean to be flip, but would rather not reveal my source....but it's out there.

Last edited:
GM has been turning 11.8 quarter times with the A8, and that's moving! Using the track mode launch puts the launch RPMs right in the power wheelhouse of the blower motor. It remains to be seen how it will hold up. Maybe they will have to tinker with engine management for longevity, but I haven't heard about this issue.

Last edited:
GM has been turning 11.8 quarter times with the A8, and that's moving! Using the track mode launch puts the launch RPMs right in the power wheelhouse of the blower motor. It remains to be seen how it will hold up. Maybe they will have to tinker with engine management for longevity, but I haven't heard about this issue.

The A8 actually gets near 11.0 when launch control is used. Traction control catches the throttle and holds it just below rear wheel spin and that gives max power without wheel spin and the best 1/4 mile times achievable. It also takes the excessive load off the transmission.

The A8 actually gets near 11.0 when launch control is used. Traction control catches the throttle and holds it just below rear wheel spin and that gives max power without wheel spin and the best 1/4 mile times achievable. It also takes the excessive load off the transmission.

my mistake...meant to say 10.8......ish.

HI there,

Your 'source' is not accurate.

The fact is that the 8L90 is easily able to take the 650 LT4 without issue.

I have 4 here in my service stable and every one is running track usage without issue.

Yes, there have been programming updates for the learning capability of the unit, but as far as 'weak', I think not.

Allthebest, Paul

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom