Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question regarding fan blade size for 62'

Corvette
1962 rebuild in progress
Can someone tell me what size fan blade is supposed go on a 62' 327/300hp with powerglide. My 62' AIM lists a part number and that it is a five blade fan but does not give the size, I also have not been able to find it in my parts book. I have seen them from 17" to 17 3/4" and most of the catalogs I have looked in just give instructions to order by year. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

radiator fan 1962

Hi!

I looked for information in the 61-62 NCRS JG and it did not list the size. I measured a single fan blade on my 61 and it measured 5 11/16" from the flat to the top of the round.

Hope this helps! Ray

Thanks Ray I appreciate you taking the extra effort to measure. Have a great week.
Claude

Hi,
I measured my 61 fan and it is 17" diameter. Corvette central sells used fan & clutch for about $65.00, part # 241150 for 60-62, but I have found that they don't always have available what is in their catalogs. I think 17 3/4' is for a full size Chevy. Good luck.

Hey thanks. 17" helps a lot, my fan clutch is in good shape but my fan blade look like someone used it to rototill their garden. Have a great week.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom