Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

QUESTIONAIRE: -tell us why you personally have a C3-vette (conv. or coupe, SB/BB)...

Vette/Berlina-coupe

Corvette
C3-coupe/MercedesBenz-540K replica! Racing-SB-V8!
-although i sold my standard '80/C3-coupe (have gotten rid of any car that has to be Gov'mt.-smogged in Calif.; --except my sweet 2,350-lb '77L.Esprit) but kept the rebodied Berlina-'71/C3 MB540k-replicar, i always liked the far more distinctive if dynamically sensuously lines of Designer-BillMitchell's C3-series (never to be casually mistaken for a Firebird/Camero like the C4-series), and particularly liked the interesting 'FlyingButress'-roof styling of the earlier editions, which i see may possibly be retro'ed into the next remodel (-wish they'd incude a clamshell-nose again as well, as it's so totally kool to gain instant-access to everything up-front!). Also, i like the T-top feature, which lent a quick/convenient open-air feeling, -yet helped retain some longitudinal chassis-stiffness as compared to a full convertible. Can anyone tell me what GM did to stiffen the frame of the C3-convertibles? (did they add side-plates somewhere?). :w ~Robair vH

since i was a little boy i have always loved the style of the C3, for years i had looked at them when i would see one for sale but never seriously considered buying one (as a public servant i couldnt afford it:ugh) so last year after going into business for myself i started looking and found one not 2 miles from my house and i love it!

Nothing. C3 coupes and convertibles have the same frame. No additional frame bracing for convertibles.

:)

yea i dont think they were creating QUITE the torque of the new ones to where they were worried they were gonna twist up like a pretzel!

I have always wanted a corvette. The C-2 is my favorite, but I did not want to tie up 40K+ in one. The C-3 is the next best choice and it is affordable. My 81 is very nice but I must admit, it seems I am always working on it and spending constantly to maintain it.
Bill

I had,and loved my 69 vert.It also had a removable hard top that I used spring and fall.

What a difference four bolts made to the stiffness of the car.Always had a problem if I hit a bump the hood would unlatch with the soft top.

I spent tons of money on the car ,drove it for almost 280,000 miles all over the USA.But it was my first and I'll always think kind thoughts about her.

I have always wanted a corvette. The C-2 is my favorite, but I did not want to tie up 40K+ in one. The C-3 is the next best choice and it is affordable. My 81 is very nice but I must admit, it seems I am always working on it and spending constantly to maintain it.
Bill

same with my 82, mine is nickel and diming me to death it seems but i love it and will never get rid of it

same with my 82, mine is nickel and diming me to death it seems but i love it and will never get rid of it

My 81 is doing the same thing. Every extra coin that I can find goes into her. And yet I will still not let her go. My other half told me that I could get a motorcycle if I would sell my toys. Well, I just couldn't bring myself to sell them. Now I need to figure out why it won't start. Hopefully a few more dimes will get her going soon.;LOL

My Dad purchased a 1972 big block, 4-speed, convertible with air in about 1998. It was very surprising. The car was re-painted and needed many little things, but overall was in pretty good shape. I kept the car road-worthy, my main goal was for it to be safe for him. He became ill and was sick for the last few years of his life. He wanted me to have the car. In 2004, he made me an offer that I could not refuse. He passed away the following year. I never thought of myself as a Corvette owner before that, but always a Chevy man. The car has more sentimental value to me than anything else in the world. Keeping it original is not important, but having fun driving it is; which is why I will never sell.
Vette/Berlina-coupe: Thank you for the thread ;)

I always loved Vettes and I think the C-3 is the baddest body style. I was working in Canada and made friends with a guy there. I was at his hangar one evening and he made the comment that his wife told him to get rid of one of his toys. (He had 6 Vettes.) He gave me a choice between a 74 with a wrecked right front corner or a 77 all original that had been sitting inside for 12 years. After 3 months of "you don't need one" from my wife she finally said it'd be fun, so I called him immediately and said I'll take the 77, oh yeah, how much? 5 months later we drove to Canada and trailered it home.

Had to be the 80-82

I've had a 14k mile Silver Clarinet 82, a 9K mile 82 Col ED, a Red 85 Coupe w/4spOD, and a Frame Off 72 Roadster - SM Block Auto. But after a decade off from the hobbie, when I could have bought any model I wanted.

I chose the 82 CE:thumb

For me the C-3's Long Nose & High Fenders are classic! But not too!

It is retro while still having AC, and all the Power Option. I realize from a tech point of view it will never match a newer cars, but it drives & rides 100% better than the 72. I figured the Air Polution Junk can be removed & the Perfornace/HP enhanced. Which I've done.

Everyone has "The CAR" that does it for them.

It's that variety that keeps it interesting. When I go to a show I want to see Everybodies Car. But when I go, give me the 82 CE!!

sig.jpg

Vert for me. I had coupe's and the're nice but nothing beats the top all the way down. L48 warmed over nicely.

Always wanted one. I told my wife(than girlfriend) that someday I was going to own/drive a Cadilliac and a Corvette. So here I am, many,many years later, driving one of each. Friends wonder if I'm in midlife crisis driving the 82 Vette, but my wife reminds them that he always wanted one. Of course I got my favorite color-blue. Its been a good car with only minor things to repair. I'm third owner and it has always been titled in IN., with 40k miles.

Summer of '78 between my Freshmen and Sophomore years in college I worked as a car jockey in the service department at Bill Jacobs Chevrolet in Joliet, IL. We took our tire work and upholstery work elsewhere and I had to shuttle the customers' cars to where they needed to be. Whenever it was a Vette I arranged to take or pickup at lunch time and enjoyed the ride. The '78 Pace Car was popular and I loved the ground effects. Decided that one day I would have an '80 - '82 which incorporated the ground effects.

Got my '81 last year, third owner, 44K miles. What a beauty!

When I was a pre-teen, my uncle showed up in an orange C3 with sidepipes. Suffice to say it made an impression on me.

-Mac

Because I've allways had 1 since about June or July 1969!!:D:D:D

My brother had mine for ten years before he sold it to me. Now I have had it for 10 years.
Time flies when you're having fun!:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom