Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Questions about a 90 ZR1

o2bnkc

Corvette
2024 Amplify Orange HTC
We are looking at a 1990 ZR!. The clutch feels like it needs to be adjusted. Are these self adjusting clutches? What is the button for, that says normal power and full power? Is it supposed to be spring loaded? Thanks.

The switch takes the ignition key and allows you to select just to run the primary injector tubes or both injectors tubes. In short, fast and faster settings. The ZR1 is a different kind of animal in FULL POWER mode. Basically you got L98 type power in Normal about 240HP in FULL POWER you got 375HP.

Not sure about the clutch but if it is set up like my 93 it is hydraulic and has no adjustments.

some people have installed a switch when the key switch went bad .i did that on a 90 i had .does the car happen to be red with blk interior and have mileage around 155k . i believe the serial number of that car was 2924.if so then i know alot about that car having owned it for 5 years

The switch takes the ignition key and allows you to select just to run the primary injector tubes or both injectors tubes. In short, fast and faster settings. The ZR1 is a different kind of animal in FULL POWER mode. Basically you got L98 type power in Normal about 240HP in FULL POWER you got 375HP.

Not sure about the clutch but if it is set up like my 93 it is hydraulic and has no adjustments.
no the switch doesn't take the ignition key. there's the ignition key and the power key. the power key allows you to switch between normal and full power starting in 91 the default setting was "off" or normal power.

We are looking at a 1990 ZR!. The clutch feels like it needs to be adjusted. Are these self adjusting clutches? What is the button for, that says normal power and full power? Is it supposed to be spring loaded? Thanks.

I'd recommend getting on www.zr1.net and looking at all the info they have. I want to have a ZR-1 at some point, but it seems to be a car you need to be pretty familar with before you buy so you know what your getting.

Clutch can be expensive. Corvettes of that era came with a special flywheel that's expensive, but there are options. Fuel injectors are a common problem and pretty much need to be replanced if there are original.

The ZR-1 sounds amazing and bulletproof in a lot of ways, but it can turn into a money pit if you don't do research into what details to look for when your purchasing.

Cheers,
Scott

I'd recommend getting on www.zr1.net and looking at all the info they have. I want to have a ZR-1 at some point, but it seems to be a car you need to be pretty familar with before you buy so you know what your getting.

Clutch can be expensive. Corvettes of that era came with a special flywheel that's expensive, but there are options. Fuel injectors are a common problem and pretty much need to be replanced if there are original.

The ZR-1 sounds amazing and bulletproof in a lot of ways, but it can turn into a money pit if you don't do research into what details to look for when your purchasing.

Cheers,
Scott
scott,
the zr-1 came with a dual mass flywheel however a single mass can be swapped in with very little work. injectors aren't too much work either and they aren't that expensive I've seen $500 for all 16. the majority of what goes wrong with the zr-1 is the same stuff that goes wrong on l83, l98 and lt1/4 vettes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom