Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Questions about the look of the 02-04 Z06 models...

kenlperry

Corvette
1999 White Hardtop Coupe
Hey ladies and gents... I noticed on the Z06 that it has this black vent looking thing at the bottom side, just behind the doors and just in front of the rear tires.

1. What is that thing called?
And 2. Can it be added to a non-Z06 model? Thanks!

Do not know if this is the correct term

1. What is that thing called?

"rear brake cooling vent"

As for #2 I suppose one could cut the fiberglass and add it, I imagine the inner wheel well cover might also have to be modified to make it actually functional? All of this is just a guess on my part

Kits are available from the aftermarket suppliers.

41315.jpg

Here is an example. I tried to find a kit on Mid America's site, but did not. You could give them a call, or check madvet.com. This picture came from the Eckler's site.

Most Corvette Specialty stores carry the rear brake vent kits for about $300. They require cutting a hole in the fender and better ones come with wheel tub liners as wel as the ducting and grills. Some sites offer fake vents that you stick on with double face tape, those are only for looks and anyone with any know how will only laugh when seeing them on a car. Being new to the Vette experiance be carefull about the mod bug, there are lots of better things to spend your money on that will improve the performance of the car. There are also other options for brake scoops that are made from fiberglass that blend into body styling and will not look like you are traying to make the car into something it is not. Anyway if you like them that is all that matters, good luck with whotever you decide.
Zig:w

Thanks for all the responses.. I like them, but I don't know if I like them enough to pay and have them added on.. I was just a little curious. But thanks!

MM-C5 added the functional brake vents to his coupe. If you're thinking about adding them, definitely go with the functional ones, not the fake ones.
attachment.php

Take a look at my car if you want to see what they look like. Mine are screwed in but at not functional. You can probably 3m tape them on to like body side moldings.

I bought the car like this. I would have prefered functional ones. Those cost about $100 +install.

IMG_0013.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom