Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Questions for 4 post lift owners

There is about 2" slope from front to the door. I didn't do anything about the slope.

Placed my order today for the Rotary Revolution XLT today. As I understand it, it will take 3 - 4 weeks before I see it.

Thanks to all for the help!

Ray

My lift arrived yesterday, and I started to sort out the parts last night. Picking up a few odds and ends and plan to do the assembly over the weekend.

Ray

Very nice garage, wish mine was a bit bigger, but I'll have to take what I got.

Tom, see I told you so; open a corvette garage once you got the lift installed. You already have a customer (Gregory) so interested in your services that he is willing to drive all the way from the Chicagoland area; your reputation is spreading like wildfire. Must be your competitive prices, warm personality, and knowledge of corvettes.
I have been viewing the various lift postings over the years on the forum and your pics show that the lift posts of the Pro Park 8 do not extend vertically to the overhead door. I noted that your access door to the house is about 18 inches above the garage floor, and the ceiling about 12 to 18 inches above the top of the access door. What is the heighth of your garage, floor to bottom? It appears that you have sufficient space to install the lift without coming near the ceiling. I looked at the specs of the Greg Smith lift and it was 81 inches from the ramp to the max lift. My basement garage heighth is 84+ inches, and I have been wondering if the lift would fit. Even if it did, I could not stand up and would have to squat while under the car. That would be very uncomfortable. After adding the heighth of the corvette on the lift, I doubt if I could actually install the Pro Pack and have room to work. I know I can install a Kwik Lift, but I dislike working on my back and twisting it into all kinds of knots. Also, you had previously said that the lift would allow you to park your truck under the corvette, so you must have enough room, although your pics don't indicate that this is possible. I, along with many other CACers, appreciate you taking and posting the photographs. The pics are very informative and have made me think again about getting a lift.
Barrett

Barrett, my ceiling height is 10'1" to 10'3" (front to door, slope for water to run out). The lift that I bought (Pro-Park 8s) has a little less than the normal overall lift capacity (72" total lift, floor to top of runners). The posts themselves are 83" tall and with the bolts that are used to adjust the cables about 84". I can put the Corvette on the lift and raise it as high as it will go and still have about 2 1/2" clearance (top of Corvette to ceiling). I have to back the Corvette on to the lift in order to raise it all the way up and still open the garage door (I think, as I haven't tried it the other way...it might work that way as well).

As far as walking under the lift, it's no problem with the Corvette up there. But I have used it already to change the oil in 2 of my daughters' cars, a Chevy Venture mini-van and a Mercury Mariner SUV, and I could only get it up about 3- 3 1/2 feet. But it is still better than crawling around on the floor. I haven't tried my pickup yet, but I am sure that the situation will be the same, if not a little lower. The wife's Bonneville should go up pretty high, not to the top but high enough that I won't have to crouch to much.

Tom, thanks for the reply. It will help me if I decide to get some kind of lift.
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom