Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

questions

jj_long81

Corvette
L81 origional
hello. few thing im not familiar with. how do i put my car in closed loop? is it in cloosed loop untill it warms up? after it warms how do i enter closed loop? i dont think my check engine light works. how do i pull codes without it? when i jump across thrminals to retrieve codes i hear somthinh cycling around air cleaner but no check engine light. to think of it in 30 years ive never seen a check engine light. where the heck is it? :L really. where?

Checking if your check engine light works is very simple. Disconnect the O2 sensor and start the car, within 1 minute the light should work.
How you see if it goes into closed loop (from open loop) you can feel and see the engine running smoother and better.

Greetings Peter

The clicking while jumping is normal, and will do it until you pull the jumper wire. Have you checked to see if the Check Engine light bulb is still in place? You cannot pull codes without it, unless you can find an old code reader that can pull the codes from that particular computer. I'd start with just checking to see if there is a [good] bulb in the center instrument cluster. It is on the left side, lower "square" indicator, just left of the water temp gauge, below the seatbelt warning indicator.

-Tatortot

thanks i was concerned about the clicking. i did just remove the radio consol to check bulbs. they look good. so do fuses. the check engine and the seat belt light does not lite. i dont think the fuel light was liting up now that i think of it there was very little fuel in it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom