Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

racing seats in a c4

• Thread starter Thread starter Oldskool153
  • Start date Start date
Oh and by the way i wanted to add that for only being 21, I have owned quite a few old cars ranging from the late 40's-80's (pre 1970 is ultimate for me) so i have been to many antique car shows since i was a little kid. Anyway I traded my 70' dodge dart for my vette and I thought that antique car owners were like a family, and while thats true to a degree, I jus wanna add that since I've bought the vette I have never met so many people willing to help eachother out like I have with corvette owners. Wether its a c1-c6 vette owners are truely like family, and even the people on this site alone (not including the people i've met in real life) have helped me out ALOT with my car, so thanks guys, I can deff say that I look forward to many years of being a part of the Corvette family..

I'm a '88 C4 owner. although I have a few (:rotfl) years on you I've owned lots of cars and still have a couple of them.

The seats you're looking at are almost exactly like the Corbeau seats I mentioned earlier. Only yours are better priced.

Install them, enjoy them. If you have any more mods you want to make to ruin or rice out your classic Corvette (I'm joking) come on back. We'll be glad to help.

We are family. Whether as vette owners or as American muscle owners. In this day and age we got to stick together and support each other.

It won't be long until muscle cars will be like guns. The government will try to restrict our access and rights. :beer

It won't be long until muscle cars will be like guns. The government will try to restrict our access and rights. :beer

I'm not sure about that but it is certainly going to be hard for us to run our cars when gas is $15 a gallon...if you can get it.

But such is life. I'm sure horse buggy owners 100 years were threatened by the invetion of automobiles.

40 years from now, when my son has my Vette and my MGB, they'll probably be lawn decorations. :)

couldnt agree more, once the Gov takes away peoples rights to own guns, liberals will come after muscle cars..."Big brother knows whats best for you" (he aint my big brother, lol)

couldnt agree more, once the Gov takes away peoples rights to own guns, liberals will come after muscle cars..."Big brother knows whats best for you" (he aint my big brother, lol)

Hey, I'm a liberal and guess what,
I own guns and muscle cars
1. The gov isn't taking away your guns
2. here are the muscle cars or V-8's this liberal has owned
1968 427 Corvette convertible
1962 Corvette
1969 GTO Judge
1968 GTO
1957 Chevy
1974 Corvette 454 convertible
2 1974 Monte Carlo's
1962 Chevey Impala SS
1974 MGB convertable (okay, not a muscle car, but you get my point)

The soccer mom driving the giant Suburban by herself and getting 9 mpg is what's going to make us have to park our muscle cars.

Maybe we shoud all convert our Vettes to electric motors :)

Of course, judging by the Tesla electric car's performance, that wouldn't be all bad. Those little electrics can smoke a typical Vette all day.

Oh
p.s.
I've sat in seat similar to the ones you're looking at.
They're so-so in the comfort area but they'd probably turn you into a pretzel on a long trip.
If you go with them, let me know how they feel on long drives. I'm interested in these kind for a future non-Vette project.
Thanks
Mont

Long distance comfort isnt a huge deal for me, I use the car mainly on weekends, but ill be sure to post results of how they fit/feel. (PS the government hasnt taken peoples right to own guns, but as long as they keep ignoring the Constitution, it wont be long)

BTW, its not the gov't that takes away people's rights...its the idiot people who give them away for perceived "temporary security"...and deserve neither neither liberty or security (paraphrasing Ben Franklin)!

The environmental wackos already tried taking away classic cars in mid-late 90's and enthusists fought 'em tooth and nail. There were a lot of mandatory "crush" laws that if a car was "x" years old it HAD to be crushed. Spare parts would dry up and then unless someone made parts for rarer cars then they would fall into disuse and then eventually be crushed too.

As for the seats.... I think Nelson has a point to a certain extent if they are cheap seats. (I think he may be in a "mood" from to Hib incorrectly flaming him in the CFI thread :chuckle)

I'd think they would be pretty uncomfortable...but easier to run 5 point belts which would be pretty cool. Certainly better than buying new foam seats that have wrong density which are uncomfortable and useless since you sit on top and not "in" them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom