Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radiator drain Plug

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
Trying to find out which side the Radiator drain plug is on, have not jacked the car up to get a good look and I can't see anything by looking down through the top. also does the shroud have to come off to drain the radiator

My '87 had it on the lower right (passenger) side of the radiator and you did not have to remove anything to drain it. (Not that I can remember did you have to, but you know how old age can be "CRS" - or do you? :L)

The reason I say "did" is because I just switched to a Be Cool aluminum radiator.

It's on the passenger side on the bottom. You have to stick your fingers or a pair of pliers through the hole to reach it. The hole faces the engine if I remember correctly. The plug is plastic and it is not necessary to completely remove it. It is made to back out of the hole and let coolant flow out. You can pull it completely out if you want to. At least that's how it is on an L98 car. An LT1 reverse flow system may be a little different.

Hope that helps.

It is on the passenger side and made of plastic. The housing snaps into the radiator housing. I now carry a spare as the shaft on mine broke and almost left me stranded at the SLC airport 90 miles from home two years ago. A cab ride to Checker's Auto parts got me a new plug for under $5. I now carry a spare in my 'spares' kit that I keep in the car. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom