Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radiator Hoses for 1960, lengths?

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Does anyone know the lengths of the upper and lower radiator hoses for a 1960 Corvette? I do not have the expansion tank on top of the radiator.

I want to get some Cool Flex Hoses http://www.coolflex.com/cfm/catalog.cfm and don't know the lengths necessary.

Anyone help?

thanks, Herb

Herb I dont know the length, and I did not know they came as long as 3 feet.

I have these on my 62,I tried every rubber radiator hose I could to find a set that would fit as I did not want to use these because I felt the ribs would hamper flow,and the adapters would come off.

So far I have never had a problem with this set up. What is the price difference between a 2' or the 3' kit? if its not that much I would just get the 3' kit for the top and for sure only the 2' kit for the bottom

Good Luck

surprising all the little things you have to resource when building a custom car

Herb I dont know the length, and I did not know they came as long as 3 feet.

I have these on my 62,I tried every rubber radiator hose I could to find a set that would fit as I did not want to use these because I felt the ribs would hamper flow,and the adapters would come off.

So far I have never had a problem with this set up. What is the price difference between a 2' or the 3' kit? if its not that much I would just get the 3' kit for the top and for sure only the 2' kit for the bottom

Good Luck

surprising all the little things you have to resource when building a custom car
I take it that these can be cut to length? Then they are dressed out with the hose cuffs on the end? sound right?

Herb here is a picture of my engine bay with them installed

As I already shared at first I did not want to use them because I felt maybe it would look cheap or cheazy,

But not just because its my car, I like the way they look and don't feel they are cheap or cheazy looking. I was going to go the "AN" style route but all of there adapter would have had to been welded into the radiator, water pump,thermostat housing and when I looked at the adapters the ID shrunk down so much I felt I would have a flow problem

image.jpg
http://img.clubphoto.com/jerboa/188426615/480/null/image.jpg

Herb here is a picture of my engine bay with them installed

As I already shared at first I did not want to use them because I felt maybe it would look cheap or cheazy,

But not just because its my car, I like the way they look and don't feel they are cheap or cheazy looking. I was going to go the "AN" style route but all of there adapter would have had to been welded into the radiator, water pump,thermostat housing and when I looked at the adapters the ID shrunk down so much I felt I would have a flow problem

image.jpg
Are they chrome or polished? I was thinking of going with a GLOSS black motor bay to really show off the intake so was trying to decide between black and chrome.....

let me know what you did....looks chrome from photo....

Herb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom