Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radio installation advice needed

netnarc2

Corvette
1985 Z51 Corvette Coupe Black
I'm planning to have a new radio installed in my '85 Corvette. It has the Bose system in it, but I'm going to go with a more modern system. Here's the problem. The previous owner removed the Bose radio at one time and instead of just unplugging the wire harness, he unplugged the radio, then cut the wire harness off of the existing wires comming from the electrical system, then just taped them off with electrical tape. Now I have to figure out what wire goes where. I've pretty much figured out what wires go to the speakers, but as far as the "hot" wires, I haven't a clue. Is there any literature available that I could refer to, or would most radio installation shops know how to hook up a new radio to the existing wires?

I'm planning to have a new radio installed in my '85 Corvette. It has the Bose system in it, but I'm going to go with a more modern system. Here's the problem. The previous owner removed the Bose radio at one time and instead of just unplugging the wire harness, he unplugged the radio, then cut the wire harness off of the existing wires comming from the electrical system, then just taped them off with electrical tape. Now I have to figure out what wire goes where. I've pretty much figured out what wires go to the speakers, but as far as the "hot" wires, I haven't a clue. Is there any literature available that I could refer to, or would most radio installation shops know how to hook up a new radio to the existing wires?

Thanks JonM. That should help understand where the wires go. I still love the color on your Corvette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom