Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Radio, rear defrost switch

77coolvett

Corvette
1977 corvette white
Hello all, I'm new to corvettes Just bought a 77 l82, I love it, but the Radio (factory 8 track and digital display) does not work, it powers on but no display or sound, I'm on a budget and need a few things, I would have bought one completely restored but this is all I can afford. Can anyone help with info as to where I might obtain a working factory replacement? I also need a rear defrost switch for starters. Please help. Todd

I don't believe the '77 had a digital radio.they started around 80-81

If you need a rear defroster switch, check any of the Corvette parts vendors

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Check e bay for a replacement radio for your vette

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

77 was apparently a 1 year only for this rear defrost switch. No one offers a replacement, people have talked about somehow converting a 79 or later 4 wire to work, but I would like to stay original. The original owner who I bought the car from tells me this radio is the one that he ordered the car with. Claims it has been in the car since it left the factory. I have checked E bay, Ecklers, Corvette central and many many others but unable to find one that looks like mine. Thank you for the responses and the advice as to where to look, Im certinley not a corvette expert yet and would accept any and all info for parts options. Please help. Todd, side note is anyone in the Corvette family in the twin cities area of Minneapolis Minnesota who might be willing to look at my car or lend a hand?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom