Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

radio

bill5674

Corvette
New to this site guys ,sure these have been ansered before. Radio is very low tape cd is inoperable. Worth the time and money to fix or is an after market the hot set up? Also tach is also reading high all the time. Any one care to put in their two cents?

The problem with the 1990 to 1996 is that the radio is smaller then DIN sized (width), so any aftermarket radio would require a that you cut the dash, or have it stick out. I never seen it done where it looked good.

I would look at Ecklers (www.ecklers.com) and Mid America (www.madvet.com) to see if you can buy a replacement one. The only difference betwen the radios from 1990 to 1996 (other than having a CD or not) is the color scheme. The earlier years had some gray colors, that changed to black. After 1993 the graphics that light up changed to white while off, but the same color while on (tangerine).

Youe dealer may have a repair service for your unit, which usually means they send it out for repair and send you a refurbished unit back.

Let me know if you have any other questions. (email me)

Thanks,

Rob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom