Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rain - what Rain?

• Thread starter Thread starter nmacdonald
  • Start date Start date
I try not to drive it in the rain but I believe once in a while it could be a good thing, it washes off the undercarriage. I drive it in the winter and around here there could be trace of road salt, so, rain....once in a while...a free under the car wash.

I drive mine rain or shine. More often than not I end up making a sudden stop to put the top up.:eyeroleSeems rain storms sneak up on ya. Driving in the rain gets all that dust from underneath .Educational too, hones the driving skills.:L What I won't do is take it off of hard surface roads . :nono

I've always thought that a vette should be driven, but if it doesn't have to be a daily driver, why should it be? True lovers of this evolved species of motoring pleasure don't want to be seen in a dirty vette and rain (not the musician kind;) ) doesn't help. All that crap from the road! Not all colors look dirty after a rain, but black and chrome is terrible! :( Some say they injoy cleaning their cars and I'm sure they do, but it has to be a nice day out there to do that and why would you want to be cleaning your car when you could be using that time to enjoy why it was produced in the first place? :Steer (Just my eleventy three cents worth)

Gordon :w

Third Car

Mine will always be the third car (for 2 drivers). I bought my first one recently ('95 coupe) from a guy who rarely drove it, always garaged. He put in about 2K miles a year. The ourside is really great, the inside less so, but OK after I shampoo'd the carpets.

But he was a also a bit disappointed when I told him I intended to drive it regularly. rain or otherwise, especially on trips to see my kids (about 3.5 hours away). If I don't need the pickup, or we don't need my wife's car, the 'Vette is the transportation of choice.

At least, it doesn't snow here!

Bob

WradDad said:
I also drive my car every day. Makes going to work at least bearable, and the drive home even more fun! Part of the joy of ownership for me is getting the car out for a little drive on Sunday mornings, then spending a few hours washing it all up nice and shiny for the next week.

Drive ‘em, baby!
:D
I hear ya:beer

i got my vette 1yr ago the day before i was going on a trip to buffalo ny. it needed work and realy needed tires! on the way back got snow but i got thru it. i drive it all the time.got 100,000mi. hey its for driving.and i have a dirt driveway so it always is dirty,(live in a trailer park).it dont hurt nuthin. drive it and have fun!

Rain is almost non-existant here, but I'm not uncomfortable driving my Vette when it does rain. It just takes more time to detail it, the next time I wash it, which is usually immediately after the rain clears out.

Mine has not seen rain since I bought it in May of 2001. The previous Owners drove it in the rain but never in the winter. I have not even operated the wipers since I got the car.

I drive the Vette about 1,200 miles a summer, only for pleasure, mainly on the weekends.

Radar :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom