Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

rare or not?

D

drunksalt1

good day to everyone, i appreciate any info anyone can share. I was wondering if anyone knew the production numbers on a 02 Z06, electron blue, with the black/red interior. all i have been able to find is standard pruduction numbers but nothing specific on interior exterior combinations. thanks again.:beer

I don't think that combination numbers like that are compiled. It would be an uncommon combination, however.

My guess is there are a fair amount of the 1814 Electron Blue 02 Z06es had red/blk interiors because the only two interior color combinations allowed on Z06 that year were black and red/black.

There was an article in Corvette Fever (Dec '04) that showcased an Electron Blue Z06 with Mod Red interior. The owner of the car said he had a hard time finding that color combination stating "dealers were scared of Electron Blue with the Mod Red interior". He said he later found one in Florida. I don't know if Corvette Fever has an archives section to their website but the article is titled "AFTER-CAT Fever

When I bought my 02 in 02. there were three at one dealership. And a buddy of mine owns one (not one of the three). So from where I live, they weren't that scarce.

Damn, I went out of my way to find an Electron Blue without the Mod Red interior. I had to fly to Chicago from Cincinnati to find one that wasn't beat on.

Hib, I have to disagree with you. According to the info this site has, there were 1814 EB's made in '02. There were 1563 mod reds total for all colors in '02 or 19% of production. Using the rational that they were spread evenly across the color lines then approximately 345 were built as electron blue with mod red interior. There were even fewer in '03 using this same mentality at about 216. So all said, out of over 20k C5 Z06's somewhere around 600-800 (fudge factors) would have been built with this combo. That's pretty rare to me and they sure are hard to locate for sale. I had to make my own which I had for a few years and sold last summer. I recently bought a real one that took a long time to find in the condition that I was after. They are out there but there ain't many.

Now after all of that, I am new to this forum because I felt compelled to throw in my two cents. Have been a longtime surfer of it and feel it has the best and most accurate vette info out of all the sites.

......Now after all of that, I am new to this forum because I felt compelled to throw in my two cents. Have been a longtime surfer of it and feel it has the best and most accurate vette info out of all the sites.

Eric - welcome to the Corvette Action Center! We always appreciate hearing our efforts are successful and appreciated.

While you're in a posting mood take a moment to post a thread in the New Member Introduction Forum here so more of our members can stop by and say hello.

Enjoy the site!
:wJane Ann

Hib, I have to disagree with you. According to the info this site has, there were 1814 EB's made in '02. There were 1563 mod reds total for all colors in '02 or 19% of production. Using the rational that they were spread evenly across the color lines then approximately 345 were built as electron blue with mod red interior. There were even fewer in '03 using this same mentality at about 216. So all said, out of over 20k C5 Z06's somewhere around 600-800 (fudge factors) would have been built with this combo. That's pretty rare to me and they sure are hard to locate for sale. I had to make my own which I had for a few years and sold last summer. I recently bought a real one that took a long time to find in the condition that I was after. They are out there but there ain't many.

Now after all of that, I am new to this forum because I felt compelled to throw in my two cents. Have been a longtime surfer of it and feel it has the best and most accurate vette info out of all the sites.

I used the same logic to figure out that my 2003 Millenium Yellow Z06 with the mod-red interior was not very common (under 300). The total percenage of cars with the mod-red interior for colors like EB and MY are probably even lower than other colors with the mod-red interior.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom