Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Re and Re headliners from T-Tops?

F

Full_Blown

Can someone offer any suggestions on preparing and reinstalling the headliners to a pair off T-Tops? I separated the liners but there is so much bond between the bonding disks in the mounts most of the mounts pulled out of the headiner.

Is there a way to separate the disks and clean off the bond? Do I need to get new mounts? Any help is apprecated.

Thanks,

FB

Not sure about 'solid' T-Tops on the '79s (ours has glass tops) -- by 'bonding disc' do you mean a sort of heavy-duty velcro disc?

Wish I could help but the T-Tops are one part of my car I have not messed with, although I am going to remove the headliners at some point and dye them, they have some scratchs in them. I will be interested to see what responses you get.

Yep. they're a type of velcro or nipple to nipple disc with panel adhesive between them.

So far it looks like I can buy new discs. I'll probably have to cut or drill out the old discs, epoxy the mounts back in place and attach the new discs. Better yet I might make my own discs and put real Velcro on them, this way I won't have the problem again in the future.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom